JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a cool rifle, a weatherby mk v deluxe. Startedto look around for a nice glossy scope for it. Seems like no one is making them anymore, only matte finish. You darn tacticool turds have killed the shiny gun market too! If any one knows of some new old stock glossy leupold scopes, or similar let me know.

I prefer matte, even on rifles with a high gloss finish. It is interesting that indeed many manufacturers only offer matte now for many of their scopes - for years I was looking for matte and would find mostly glossy finishes. I guess it is a matter of market demand.

And cheaper since aluminum replaced steel for scope tubes.

And reality being what it is the matte finish is much less reflective and that is an advantage in some situations.

It is however nice to see a high gloss scope on a classic blue and wood rifle however.
I agree. I have a pre 64 Winchester that I need to put a scope on. I have one that is matte and one that is gloss. To my eye the gloss is the clear winner.
Just my opinion….

Times change, and most manufacturers have given up on gloss finishes for obvious reasons. The used market is where to look.

20201217_194609.jpg 20201217_194613.jpg 20201217_194624.jpg 20201217_194636.jpg

This kinda stuff??

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews