JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've no experience with these but they seem like a good idea. Tungsten is 2.5 times heavier than steel, adding weight to help reduce muzzle climb. As well as being 5 times harder than standard tool grade steel.

just range tested this new pure tungsten guide rod and spring - performs just as advertised
the pistol is now much heavier, feels more like a 1911
this is a range pistol, not a carry gun
the spring is uncaptured and the guide rod protruding through the front hole holds it inplace
I used the same spring weight as I did with a conventional guide rod - for me, that's 15# for 115 gn Winchester White box
remember this is a 9mm G22 conversion, so the barrel is also heavier than a G17
the recipicating heavier barrel and the stationary heavy guide rod result in a very smooth recoil curve
you still get some muzzle flip, but when it goes back in battery, your sights are right back on target
it's up to you if you want to drop $120 on this item, but for me with my old arthritic wrist and hands, it was worth it

just range tested this new pure tungsten guide rod and spring - performs just as advertised
the pistol is now much heavier, feels more like a 1911
this is a range pistol, not a carry gun
the spring is uncaptured and the guide rod protruding through the front hole holds it inplace
I used the same spring weight as I did with a conventional guide rod - for me, that's 15# for 115 gn Winchester White box
remember this is a 9mm G22 conversion, so the barrel is also heavier than a G17
the recipicating heavier barrel and the stationary heavy guide rod result in a very smooth recoil curve
you still get some muzzle flip, but when it goes back in battery, your sights are right back on target
it's up to you if you want to drop $120 on this item, but for me with my old arthritic wrist and hands, it was worth it
Sounds solid. Thanks for the review.

I don't currently own any glocks, but will eventually get a couple, can't believe Glock still sells them with polymere guide rods.

I like stainless steel guide rods and run them in my Glocks. I can see the niche for Tungsten though.

On the pistol forums, "Lenny's tungsten guide rods" are more or less considered snake oil.
But hey, if it works for you go for it.
yes, I also read just buy $120 of ammo and practice more
but I'm a casual Glock shooter and it works for me
I can get back on target quicker with less shock to my old wrist

but when I put in my G22/9mm conversion, I was told on forums to just buy a G17, why waste my time
yet this G22 is now a reliable 9mm range pistol
to each their own

What kind of hot 9mm ammo are you shooting at the range to need recoil assistance?
wait until your 72 and have arthritis in both hands and wrist and ask me that again

when your arms are week and your eyesight is failing

and ask me why I have a 9mm 1911 - same answer

but I can get back on target faster with this rod than the stainless steal rod and capture spring I had

as long as it works for me, I'll go with it

I'm 66 with arthritis. To each their own, but never found 9mm range loads a problem wrt recoil control. Wear glasses now too, didn't need those until age 55. Shoot 9, 10 and 40 in 1911, Glock and M&P (no 10 in the M&P).

Putting a flashlight on the end of your Glock seems more practical. I tried an $75 guide rod on a 9mm M&P and found no difference in recoil or time on target, but that's just me. Whatever works....

I'm 66 with arthritis. To each their own, but never found 9mm range loads a problem wrt recoil control. Wear glasses now too, didn't need those until age 55. Shoot 9, 10 and 40 in 1911, Glock and M&P (no 10 in the M&P).

Putting a flashlight on the end of your Glock seems more practical. I tried an $75 guide rod on a 9mm M&P and found no difference in recoil or time on target, but that's just me. Whatever works....
66? I can't remember back that far, I was still a young kid at 66, physical abilities have dropped off in the last 2 years

but everyone will age differently, at least I can get out of bed every morning and tie my own boots

yup, this works for me

the rod is completely contained within the frame with no external hardware

like I said, it's only 1.6 oz, but it does make a big difference

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR