JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
While turning to YT this morning to find an unrelated news segment I saw a vid from the 'God family and guns' channel titled 'This is the gun most returned by gun panic buyers!'

The guy was interviewing a gal from Blue Steel Guns and she was describing how many 1st time gun buyers had bought Glocks and were trading them in (many unfired and LNIB) because they were unaware they had no 'external safeties' I thought it was a bit odd how they were uninformed of this during the sale - or they were and completely missed that part which is not unusual for nearly anything during a sale. Segment below.

While turning to YT this morning to find an unrelated news segment I saw a vid from the 'God family and guns' channel titled 'This is the gun most returned by gun panic buyers!'

The guy was interviewing a gal from Blue Steel Guns and she was describing how many 1st time gun buyers had bought Glocks and were trading them in (many unfired and LNIB) because they were unaware they had no 'external safeties' I thought it was a bit odd how they were uninformed of this during the sale - or they were and completely missed that part which is not unusual for nearly anything during a sale. Segment below.

Think how stupid the average person is, then realize half of them are stupider than that.

-George Carlin

Problem is, most Gun shops were sold out of the good stuff long before the noobs came looking, so Glocks is what they gotts!
Seen it first hand when this all got started, visited a few of my fav. shops and saw that. Those that had done their research bought up the better pistols, and those that didn't or waited too long got the dregs, Glocks!

and those that didn't or waited too long got the dregs, Glocks!
And it sounds like Blue Steel is again long on Glocks from trade in returns.

So, Glocks sold for high retail and traded in for what? 50 + % maybe? And then sold as LNIB (or maybe represented as new) for how much ?

The LGS should offer to install an aftermarket trigger safety for a fee

SID-GSL001-3.jpg

Problem is, most Gun shops were sold out of the good stuff long before the noobs came looking, so Glocks is what they gotts!
Seen it first hand when this all got started, visited a few of my fav. shops and saw that. Those that had done their research bought up the better pistols, and those that didn't or waited too long got the dregs, Glocks!
They are not that bad... lol :s0114:

Lol I'm not surprised. New gun buyers, uninformed gun buyers and their inexperience makes them yearn for that warm fuzzy switch to keep them safe.

I might actually consider a Glock if I could go to the shop and maybe perform a 'realistic' negotiation on one of the trade ins. Maybe cite they already made a good profit upfront on it and try to determine what they allowed for it as a trade in and offer maybe 10% above it but that would be about it.

The LGS should offer to install an aftermarket trigger safety for a fee

View attachment 1031737

Don't ever use one of those.
I've seen one fail , pretty spectacularly too.
In all fairness, it had been in place for quite a while on a duty weapon. And it was the glock factory polymer that was compromised, not the little metal safety assembly.

SO what were they doing ? Buying Glock triggers and modifying them with the crossbolt device?
Bought a gen 2 glock 19 from an LEO, which had the goofy little safety installed prior to my purchase.

On the second trip out, one of my sons (14 or 15 yrs old at the time) managed to pull through that safety while it was engaged. Between 3 and 5 rds went downrange at cyclic rate, the aftermarket mag self ejected and the trigger was stuck , broken, in it's most rearward position of travel.

New underwear for the kid and a replacement factory trigger fixed everyone that took damage.

I might actually consider a Glock if I could go to the shop and maybe perform a 'realistic' negotiation on one of the trade ins. Maybe cite they already made a good profit upfront on it and try to determine what they allowed for it as a trade in and offer maybe 10% above it but that would be about it.
Good luck with that, that might work if you had a good relationship with the dealer but if not they would most likely demand top dollar, while they probably bought it back for pennies on the dollar... (at least that has been my experience)

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads