JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I haven't shot a 226 enough to give you a proper comparison.
Personally I like the 226 and when it came down to 9mm # 3 for me it was between an early P226 and a CZ 75 BD. The 226 was gone from the shop when I went it to buy it and I took the CZ that was still there.

I am now glad It worked out this way as I have come to really like the CZ. I have shot a few 226's and they are a great gun but the CZ has become my personal favorite.

I prefer the slightly longer barrel length and the trimmer profile of the CZ.

Last Edited:
The thing is I never shot my 226, kinda a safe queen because you cant get the blackwater version anymore. I have shot the heck out of my glock and 220 but I was always hesitant to shoot the 226. If I get it back I better be dammed sure to shoot it I guess. I don't think I would have that issue with a 92 if I bought one...

The thing is I never shot my 226, kinda a safe queen because you cant get the blackwater version anymore. I have shot the heck out of my glock and 220 but I was always hesitant to shoot the 226. If I get it back I better be dammed sure to shoot it I guess. I don't think I would have that issue with a 92 if I bought one...
Well then maybe just think about it a little longer until the gun is sold. That's what I would do. :D :s0087:

I never shot my 226, kinda a safe queen because you cant get the blackwater version anymore.
Is there something 'special' about a 'Blackwater' version (other than it not being 'available' anymore) that makes it something you should not shoot?

I have several guns that are not 'available' anymore and I shoot them regularly.

Is there something 'special' about a 'Blackwater' version (other than it not being 'available' anymore) that makes it something you should not shoot?

I have several guns that are not 'available' anymore and I shoot them regularly.
Naw... its just me... trying real hard to get out and shoot my SP5... :eek:

My very shallow dive into Blackwater vs. Tacops shows them to be functionally similar. 20rd mags came standard with the tacops. I ran a few mags through one , prior to deciding not to buy it. Standard profile Sig trigger was the reason I decided against purchasing it. Everything else was great.
If I see one with the new 90° trigger offered, and I'm holding the cash, it's getting bought.

Well, I appreciate the link and can honestly say I will not do anything more than 'skim' over it however I still ask my original question, 'Is there something 'special' about a 'Blackwater' version (other than it not being 'available' anymore) that makes it something you should not shoot?'

Personally I don't see anything particularly special about the name 'Blackwater', or anything connected to Eric Prince that might render any particular gun so valuable as to not shoot it.

Well, I appreciate the link and can honestly say I will not do anything more than 'skim' over it however I still ask my original question, 'Is there something 'special' about a 'Blackwater' version (other than it not being 'available' anymore) that makes it something you should not shoot?'

Personally I don't see anything particularly special about the name 'Blackwater', or anything connected to Eric Prince that might render any particular gun so valuable as to not shoot it.
They commemorate the time Cheney shot his friend in the face.

No there is nothing really remarkable about it other then it is new and pristine..

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top