JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Given we are talking about people who either never owned or shot a firearm or maybe had but had no clue what to buy. What do they see on TV, movies and such? Glock. Its probably one of the most "known names" for decades. I see a couple upsides to this. One the pistols tend to just work out of the box. So since a lot of buyers may never have tested the pistol they bought you can at least bet it will work if they need it. Another is the damn things are still hard to lay hands on in many places and this will lead to a lot of them in like new shape on the used market. Co worker of mine was just asking about buying one. I took a quick look on line for him here and could find one G17 at a local shop here. He was saying he was going to head down and start the hoop jumping to buy it.

Good luck with that, that might work if you had a good relationship with the dealer but if not they would most likely demand top dollar, while they probably bought it back for pennies on the dollar... (at least that has been my experience)
I have zero doubt many dealers took full advantage of this and did buy them back and a severe cut and then of course sold them for a quick buck. Hell why not, if I had an FFL I would. Lot of dealers really got hit hard during the great lock downs and shortages that followed. So if some fools want to take it in the shorts let them give some money to the dealers.

Safety? did not auto correct remind U? LOl.... just teasing you...
All joking aside I agree with your post...
I have all automated intelligence turned off of my phone as deep as I can go.
I use the, "about correct" app
"yeah that looks about correct."

Saw this in the RV biz as well, but for different reasons.

I have seen people trade in a 2nd new RV within a year for a third.
I take it this was pretty much the same theme? Buy something they had no idea what they were buying. Then find out what they bought was not really what they wanted so back to try another? Expensive damn way to learn but, hey must be nice for someone to make a buck. I find it real hard to feel bad for people who do stuff like this.

Given we are talking about people who either never owned or shot a firearm or maybe had but had no clue what to buy. What do they see on TV, movies and such? Glock. Its probably one of the most "known names" for decades. I see a couple upsides to this. One the pistols tend to just work out of the box. So since a lot of buyers may never have tested the pistol they bought you can at least bet it will work if they need it. Another is the damn things are still hard to lay hands on in many places and this will lead to a lot of them in like new shape on the used market. Co worker of mine was just asking about buying one. I took a quick look on line for him here and could find one G17 at a local shop here. He was saying he was going to head down and start the hoop jumping to buy it.
I believe Botach has one; a g17 gen 3 I believe...

I take it this was pretty much the same theme? Buy something they had no idea what they were buying.
Typically yes, and mostly it was due to them buying something larger than they found practical for what they wanted an RV for in the first place.

I have seen more than a few start out with a 40' pusher and by # 3 it was a 24' class C. Or a 40' 5th wheel and down to a 26' bumper pull.

Typically yes, and mostly it was due to them buying something larger than they found practical for what they wanted an RV for in the first place.

I have seen more than a few start out with a 40' pusher and by # 3 it was a 24' class C. Or a 40' 5th wheel and down to a 26' bumper pull.
Wow, I guess if they actually did their research it would have saved them a lot of money. My ex was like that, always jumping in head first and pissing away a lot of money because it was not "just right"

Hell why not. Again seems to me a really poor way to find what you want. Buy the wrong thing first but, it's their money. I know if I was going to lay out that kind of cash I would make damn sure I got what I wanted the first time. Some seem to not mind throwing that kind of cash down the crapper but, if they want to I would have nothing against the dealer who wants to take it from them.
I did get a laugh years ago when I bought a new car. We moved to the other side of the county. My commute was suddenly 3 times what it had been and vehicle had almost quarter mil miles. Looking at a small gas sipper found one place selling some new cheaper than one a couple years old. Seems the standard trans is an "odd thing" now days and dealers here had a few they could not sell. So with financing of a few points and that price I bought one. When dealer asked me it I wanted to test drive it I said no. He looked kind of shocked. I said for what I am paying for this thing I have no misconceptions of what I am getting, just fill out the papers I have to work tonight. :D Now that voter's decided they wanted to again start paying close to $5 a gallon for gas little car getting over 40 MPG is nice. Damn thing is NOT something for long drives but makes the commute cheap.

I believe Botach has one; a g17 gen 3 I believe...
Just took a look and do not see one. I LOVE Davidson's but looks like they are still not selling off their site any more as they showed nothing. Shame as I liked dealing with them after the way they treated my Wife one time like she was a family member. Amazing customer service. I am sure he could order one off the auction. when I took a quick look they of course had a bunch of them but buy the time he paid shipping and transfer he would be in the same price ball park. Guy was wanting to get his CPL but I told him it does nothing any more to make buying easier so no reason to get the permit first any more. Welcher's here listed one at a little under $600. He wants a Glock. Not my thing but like I told him certainly nothing wrong with them. I was just kind of surprised to see the locals still having so few to sell. Have to guess guns are still selling quite well here, not just ammo. Joe like his old boss are sure good for one part of the economy. :D

I give credit to people who suspect they may not be smart enough to keep a gun without a real safety around-- If someone has to wonder, it's time to get a safer model or hows about some training
While I do not like Glock I am really super leery of people who want a gun for the home and feel the lack of a safety is a problem for a house gun. Now if they want to carry? That is a whole different kettle so to speak. For at home if they can't be safe handling the gun they need more training. Or maybe one of those Microsoft guns. The one where when you pull the trigger it asked you "are you sure you want to do this?" :D

While turning to YT this morning to find an unrelated news segment I saw a vid from the 'God family and guns' channel titled 'This is the gun most returned by gun panic buyers!'

The guy was interviewing a gal from Blue Steel Guns and she was describing how many 1st time gun buyers had bought Glocks and were trading them in (many unfired and LNIB) because they were unaware they had no 'external safeties' I thought it was a bit odd how they were uninformed of this during the sale - or they were and completely missed that part which is not unusual for nearly anything during a sale. Segment below.
I have two Glocks and have had zero issues and my safety is my finger...

Just took a look and do not see one. I LOVE Davidson's but looks like they are still not selling off their site any more as they showed nothing. Shame as I liked dealing with them after the way they treated my Wife one time like she was a family member. Amazing customer service. I am sure he could order one off the auction. when I took a quick look they of course had a bunch of them but buy the time he paid shipping and transfer he would be in the same price ball park. Guy was wanting to get his CPL but I told him it does nothing any more to make buying easier so no reason to get the permit first any more. Welcher's here listed one at a little under $600. He wants a Glock. Not my thing but like I told him certainly nothing wrong with them. I was just kind of surprised to see the locals still having so few to sell. Have to guess guns are still selling quite well here, not just ammo. Joe like his old boss are sure good for one part of the economy. :D

$5 there's a youtube channel called Belzebub, Government and Wire Hangers where they're talking about n00bs returning penis kettlebells or cats that aren't actually possessed by the devil.

No external safety is the main reason I carry a Glock. That and it's shear beauty in craftsmanship and unwavering reliability.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads