JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry a Glock all the time, but one of the reasons that I really like them is that if you hear someone say they think Glocks are bad because they are unsafe, you immediately know to never go shooting with that person. I consider it my 5th rule of firearms safety.

I do not own a glock, I used to buy based off of looks. My next gun will probably be a glock though as I am no out of that phase :D

I am wondering though, when holstering a glock, is there any possibility at all for the trigger to catch on somehting and release the safety and go bang?

That's why I went with the XD, has a grip safety as well.

And tell the cop who shot himself in the leg while holstering his Glock that the safety on the trigger is a SMART IDEA!

That's exactly what he did. He shot himself. Meaning he pulled the trigger. It didn't go off because he holstered it. If you watch the video closely, he wasn't even holstering it. The slide was racked, mag was in, he released the slide, was probably doing a function check by habit, pulled the trigger, and shot himself. It wasn't the firearm, it was the idiot that activated the trigger.

Not the best example for your argument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSbOMzzXamY

I get tired of hearing people talk about mechanical safeties as if they are acceptable backups for brain failure. I couldn't care less what make/model of firearm is being discussed. Relying on anything other than your own discipline is completely illogical.

If you don't have the discipline to keep your finger off the trigger then you won't have the presence of mind to turn off the safeties when you desperately need to fire.

In fact, if you don't have the discipline to keep your finger off the trigger you probably shouldn't be carrying in the first place.

Citing external mechanical safeties as a pro/con in a firearm is foolishness. They shouldn't even be called "safeties" really, they should be called doo-hickeys because that's the sum total of their effective purpose.

Well, what if a kid gets hold of your pistol? Those "doo-hickeys" could be the only thing that prevents him from firing it!!

1. What is a kid doing with your pistol? This means you shouldn't have a gun at all.
2. Kids are mechanical geniuses and you're fooling yourself if you think that "clever lever" is going to outsmart him.

Really? #15 Implication that the OP is not a "grown-up?"

#19, 20

Any questions about whether or not the OP is being treated fairly?

Maybe the OP wants to carry the gun in the woods, where something like the trigger may snag on brush, branches etc?
Where a slip and fall may cost him a knee, or maybe his life?
Why have his gun handling skills and ability to safely use/carry a gun come into question, because he doesn't like the design?
There are many features that aren't necessarily benefits. This is true of most things, especially mechanical devices.

Apparently it's okay to turn the fear of a Glock bash into a person bash.

Is OP being treated fairly , You have got to be kidding...

Let me shoot you with my .380 hollow points and you tell me if it feels like a girly round.

The trigger is what makes the gun go "BANG and accidentally gets pulled during an accidental discharge.

Yet more people have been accidentally SHOT by Glocks with the safeties on the triggers

And tell the cop who shot himself in the leg while holstering his Glock that the safety on the trigger is a SMART IDEA!

What part of these statements don't have stupid all over them...
The gun did not accidentally go off,The trigger was PULLED , Blaming the GUN for going off is like blaming a spoon for Oprah and Rossie being fat...

I hunt,Fish,Boat,Work,Drive with a Gun on my side all my upright hours,I have never had a accidental discharge and If I ever do,It will not be the firearms fault...I'm not on a Glock Kick here,It doesn't matter what a person carries , It is how they handle a firearm...

You can't fix stupid , Believe me I have tried ... If a person can't grasp this concept they should not have a firearm...

I'm 100% Pro Gun,My whole family owns and carries,Including my daughters...
If one of them made comments like this I would feel the same,In fact I would request them to call me and tell me when they are leaving their home,So I would know when I needed to stay in my home...

I thought my post was sarcastic enough without saying "/sarcasm", but maybe it wasn't.

That's why I went with the XD, has a grip safety as well.

Not an adequate argument for XD. If you are re-holstering properly, the grip safety will be off because you should have a proper firing grip even while re-holstering (in the event you have to present your weapon to a bad guy, there is no time to reestablish the proper firing grip). Proper re-holstering requires proper firing grip, trigger finger off trigger and outside of trigger guard, sloooowly placing pistol into holster (nobody won a gun battle by a speed re-holster). If any resistance is felt, the pistol is removed, muzzle pointed in a safe direction, free hand removes any obstacle in holster (clothing, debris) and then the process is started all over again. All the while you are looking around yourself for potential threat, NOT looking at your holster.

Glocks are VERY unsafe guns... that is why Pretty much all Law enforcement and military carry them. My cousin is in Delta and They Carry Glock 22's .40... I cant seem to recall a time when Hes told me anyone in his unit or anyone he knows for that matter that carries a glock has shot them self.. Maybe its cause they are smart and trained with the weapon and RESPECT the weapon.. I dunno though.. Glock's are just UNSAFE! yeaaa okkk

The trigger safety is nothing more than a little piece of plastic preventing the trigger bar from dropping unless, of course, you are pulling the trigger.

Most internal safeties to the exact same thing as well...there are gun safeties that make sure the gun won't fire when dropped, out of battery, or when the magazine is out of the firearm (now there's a useless safety if you ask me).

Revolvers are the same way and I'm sure that many people have a hole in their foot because of the dumb things they've done with revolvers as well as with a Glock. Nevertheless, there have to be millions of Glocks fielded in the World today...we're going to hear stories of "kabooms" and people putting a new black dot in their house. Does that mean there is something wrong with the gun? Well if it is then someone better tell every major Law Enforcement agency in the country- because they're screwed!

So, if i see a story about someone wreaking there K 2500 Chevy because they were texting should i sell my truck? I think not. I am the "safety" when it comes to my truck, firearms or any other tool i have in my possession.

O/P, needs to relax on the "Let me shoot you with my .380" stuff! This is not a "Mine is bigger than yours forum"

I carry a G-19, 15+1. I was a little nervous at first but got past it. Training/practice, not only smart, the right thing to do. IMHO.

Lefty.

9ed21e9e.jpg

You all are absolutely correct to be fearful of those evil Glock handguns . They are by design dangerous and easy to harm yourself with . For the safety of yourselves and that of your loved ones , I urge you to immediately ship yours to me so that I may properly dispose of these "plastic timebombs " . Do not delay ! I will await the arrival of these dangerous weapons with the knowledge that I am risking myself in order that others may be safe . Pray for me .

You all are absolutely correct to be fearful of those evil Glock handguns . They are by design dangerous and easy to harm yourself with . For the safety of yourselves and that of your loved ones , I urge you to immediately ship yours to me so that I may properly dispose of these "plastic timebombs " . Do not delay ! I will await the arrival of these dangerous weapons with the knowledge that I am risking myself in order that others may be safe . Pray for me .

You are a Hero for taking on such a task...

DERGLOCKINMEISTER, you are a man among men. If I could, I would nominate you for the coveted online Blue Ribbon.

Defintion:a man among men
a person regarded as epitomizing manhood or mankind; (esp. as a term of praise) one who is the equal of or an example to all others; an active, well-rounded member of society.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top