JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We need to get this on video, and it might require it's own thread :D

What gun will you be borrowing from your neighbor Jon?

432145293_edku3-L-1.jpg

-Mark.

That is one of our newest members Sava6e. He joined up after the shoot :s0155:

1911's are what you show your friends.
A Glock is what you show your enemies.
Why? because they work EVERYTIME. Period. :s0155:

I am a less concerned with "looks" in my handgun than I am in absolute confidence that my handgun will "work" when I put my booger-hook on the bang switch. Sure, 1911's can be downright beautiful. But for me, the "ugly" utilitarian look of a Glock just kind of makes me smile. My 19 fits my hand like a glove and conceals quite readily. My 30SF fits my hand (now that I've removed those stupid finger grooves) very well, and it points right where I want it to. They are tools......tools that I utilize for self defense. Looks don't matter, dependability does.

My thoughts on the discussion:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Humans come in all shapes and sizes, so what is comfortable and ergonomic to one person may not be to the next.

Does that theory hold true for people with 1 eye? A lazy eye? Cross eyed? Their view is distorted because they don't see the true picture :)

My right eye isn't truly lazy, the eyelid just droops. I just use the name "lazyeye" because it sounds cooler than "droopyeye"
;)

and yes, my perspective is different.

But I own a 1911 and a Glock, so there.

1911's are what you show your friends.
A Glock is what you show your enemies.
Why? because they work EVERYTIME. Period. :s0155:

I am a less concerned with "looks" in my handgun than I am in absolute confidence that my handgun will "work" when I put my booger-hook on the bang switch. Sure, 1911's can be downright beautiful. But for me, the "ugly" utilitarian look of a Glock just kind of makes me smile. My 19 fits my hand like a glove and conceals quite readily. My 30SF fits my hand (now that I've removed those stupid finger grooves) very well, and it points right where I want it to. They are tools......tools that I utilize for self defense. Looks don't matter, dependability does.

I have to go along with this.. Looks are meaningless.. The weapon you carry must function every time..period.. Sadly..having been shooting for just a blink less than 50 years..the only semi-auto pistols I've personally found that I can say I trust to do that..are Glocks..and HK's.. On the other hand..1911's are in my blood..

I would, if I were looking for something extremely compact. The barrel length would probably be about the same as say, an MP5K, and the glock parts are cheap and plentiful :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top