Glock36 slide lock spring.

Reactions
All of a sudden the spring hangs up and doesn't pop up to engage the slide lock. Removed spring, looks OK. This happened after firing 100 ends and was removing slide to do cleaning. Took slide off and the slide lock fell out.
[emoji35]

Reactions
All of a sudden the spring hangs up and doesn't pop up to engage the slide lock. Removed spring, looks OK. This happened after firing 100 ends and was removing slide to do cleaning. Took slide off and the slide lock fell out.
[emoji35]
Funny The side lock is held in with a pin, could or did you remove the pin? Is the pin missing? Maybe fell out? Hard to know without seeing it.
Tony Portland, Oregon Area Email netcarrier@yahoo.com
:)

OP
P
Reactions
You are confusing the slide stop and the slide lock. The slide lock is what you depress on both sides of the frame to remove the slide. It is held in place with a flat spring that is inserted into the receiver and pushes up on the slide lock.

Reactions
You are confusing the slide stop and the slide lock. The slide lock is what you depress on both sides of the frame to remove the slide. It is held in place with a flat spring that is inserted into the receiver and pushes up on the slide lock.
This is better Sorry; :rolleyes:
Is the Slide lock Pull in in the right way. 4 possible but only one way.
The Slide Lock lever is installed with the short portion up and the notch facing the magazine well. Pushing the slide Lock lever spring down. Install from either side of the frame.
If the Slide Lock still falls out bend the spring some see if that works.

Tony Portland, Oregon Area :)

upload_2014-8-24_23-45-6.png

upload_2014-8-24_23-45-54.png

OP
P
Reactions
The lever was installed correctly. The 36 only has 500 rnds through it and has been problem free until this incident. I would replace the spring but the part is only available to certified armorers.

Reactions
The lever was installed correctly. The 36 only has 500 rnds through it and has been problem free until this incident. I would replace the spring but the part is only available to certified armorers.
  1. Would like me to get it for you? I can get it............? Cost with shipping under $20.00. Let me know.....
netcarrier@yahoo.com
Tony Portland, Oregon Area :)

Last edited:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
Top Bottom