JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not "trigger sensitive", I'm not "grip angle sensitive", and I'm not terribly concerned about pretty cut-lines and such.

1. Simplicity of design, maintenance, and usage. Glock

2. Proven accuracy and reliability. Glock

3. Ubiquitousness (that means "can be found anywhere" for you drop-outs ;)). Glock

4. Aftermarket (or OEM) support/options. Glock

5. (Most important) Durability. Glock

This. They may or may not be "good looking" (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) but they just work.

I had xds and glocks just could not get over the feel of the xd and the silly trigger and grip safety. Still have the g21 just reshaped the grip and trigger guard now it fits my hand better. I also added a KKM barrel accuracy is amazing. Glocks maybe ugly but I'll take a glock over a Springfield any day. I would also take any 1911 over any other handgun....but that's just me.

I think the trigger on the XD models (not the XD-S) is better than the Glock, but you need to be able
to live with the grip safety. Glock has a "YUGE" :) advantage when it comes to buying replacement parts

There's Glocks and then there is the G40. That gun and full house 10mm's were made to go together. My pet load is a 180gr bullet at 1300fps. That's the same as my 44-40 rifle.

200s @ 1,250 out of my Gen 4 do make me :D

Glock: As simple as it gets tear down, all parts readily available, huge aftermarket (went down that road, not sure why), uber reliable.

My brother's XDM: He's got at least 25K through it, never cleans it... Just works.

Hell, my $280 Canik has seen 6K, from bunny farts to MAJOR. Great ergo and never fails.

:)

Personally I like that the glock is simpler (for me) to operate, has a lower grip/bore height ratio, and has tons of parts availability at great prices.
I am in the sold all my springfields and went Glock camp, but I know lots of shooters better than me that shoot all kinds of brands, including on duty so... whatever you feel most comfortable with

Started with a Glock 30. Went to M&P 45. Back to Glock.
Tried the XDM 5.25 just didn't do it for me, back to Glock.
Just seem to shoot Glocks better, couldn't care less about looks.
GS on Springers is another turn off.
Did shoot a friend's XDs .45. Amazingly accurate.

Started with a Glock 30. Went to M&P 45. Back to Glock.
Tried the XDM 5.25 just didn't do it for me, back to Glock.
Just seem to shoot Glocks better, couldn't care less about looks.
GS on Springers is another turn off.
Did shoot a friend's XDs .45. Amazingly accurate.
I agree the XDs .45 3.3 is a pretty sweet compact pistol. Certainly up the the rigors of self defense and concealed carry...

I have both and carry both. I have two XDS, one 9 and one 45, they both have had a 'combat' trigger job by Springer over in Bend (I had sent both back for the recall and had the trigger work done after) I like the triggers on both of them, the 9 has a Crimson Trace laser. Both have Talon grips, the 9 rubber, and the 45 sandpaper. I have a XDM 5.25 in 9, and a XD45 SC Mod 2 for me and a XD9 Mod 2 Service (4.0 barrel and taller grip)for the Warden. The 'M' in XDM means .... more parts! Many police departments were unhappy with the way Glock, XD and some others were stripped down, they did not like pulling the trigger to remove the slide. So the XDM has extra parts to allow the slide to be removed without pulling the trigger. XDM's have additional magazine capacity too and you can't mix and match magazines between XD and XDM. I thought the factory XDM grip to be aggressive, so Talon rubber tamed it. I also modified the trigger myself on both Mod 2's using Powder River kits. These kits did improve the trigger pull a little and the reset a lot. The XDM 5.25 is a great range pistol. I now carry my XDS 45 in my pocket at home all the time, with one spare extended magazine. As cooler weather allows a over garment I will carry the XD45 SC Mod 2, OWB.
For now I carry a Glock 33 in my pocket with two spare flush fit Magazines. I really. like the gun, I have put on a Lone wolf trigger shoe and a NY trigger spring with the coil removed, about 5 pounds. I Dremmeled the trigger guard to allow my fat finger grip the gun a little higher, not much maybe a 32nd of a inch. I have Talon sandpaper grips on it as it ensure a good grip in all weather. I have a Lone Wolf 40 barrel for it.
I also have a Glock 29 with no mods other than rubber grip and spare Lone Wolf barrels in 40 and 10 though I shoot the OEM barrel. I do not like the grip on this gun. but I can shoot very accurately with it so it's a small complaint.
I don't 'Love' Glock's, but I do like them for the fine tools they are for me. If I could find an appropriately callibered and sized XD to replace my Glocks, the story might be different, I think I like XD's better.
Says the guy who just ordered a Rock Island 1911 this morning (Officer's Model).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top