JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can someone educate me on Glock triggers? Are they supposed to stay pulled when pulled and only reset when the slide is racked back? How do they work exactly? Specifically on a G43. I am finishing up a build and idk how I feel about the trigger, so far I only have experience with a 1911 and my colt python. The Glock is nothing alike!?

Exactly as stated above, once pulled you need to reset the system.

Also note the trigger does smooth out a little if you break it in or do what was called the 25 cent trigger job. Google is your friend there.

It'll never compare to a good single action trigger of any kind and only do "OK" against other striker triggers (OEM to OEM) there are some available upgrades you can purchase. But others will have to give you opinions on those

You can actually use the trigger as a chamber indicator. The trigger can be forward or back if the chamber is empty, but it cannot be loaded with withe trigger back. Thus, if the trigger is back the chamber is empty, period.

I'm confused a little.

You built a pistol and you have no idea how it works?:confused:

No offense meant it's just counter to what I do when I want to build something, I do a lot of research first.

Just search YouTube for how does a striker fire pistol work;)

Well, no. Not exactly... I had an issue that it wasn't resetting when I pulled the slide back. I sort of want to confirm if I understood correctly what I was seeing there. It makes sense now! The connector wasn't working how it should.

Thank you! The triggerpull isn't too bad but that plastic trigger shoe..geeze:confused: not my cup of tea, I'll switch that out soon I think.

Pivot vs push (or call it pull) but it is geometry. It can be made acceptable depending on several options. Or you can just do a lot of shooting and develop the muscle memory for it. Now a really nasty trigger would be one on an old Davis Cobra .380, but it still goes bang. :D

Regardless of the trigger or trigger job you are using on a Glock, the trigger should always reset no matter what. The trigger on my Glock around 2lbs but always resets. There was a study on triggers available for the Glock dictating which do and do not reset. However it is key your Glock trigger resets (safety) otherwise it is a hazard. What configuration are you running that you question the reset?

You can actually use the trigger as a chamber indicator. The trigger can be forward or back if the chamber is empty, but it cannot be loaded with withe trigger back. Thus, if the trigger is back the chamber is empty, period.
Not if there was a light strike, it isn't

I used a Taran Tactical spring kit and a Zev trigger in my wife's G43. Feels good, for a Glock. Reset occurs after the slide moves back after the round has fired. Haven't run into any issues with it - just hoping it gets better with age like stock triggers.

The trigger bar is probably grazing the polymer. A little fine sand paper will probably fix the issue.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top