JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not trying to start a fight here, just don't understand why a question about a Glock is met with answers of a 1911.

Because some of us believe a 1911 is better than a Glock in many ways, and I brought it up especially because you don't like the trigger pull and/or mechanism of the Glock. Trigger pull/control is probably the most important part of being accurate. Capacity aside (9-10 rounds of .45 is my preference over any amount of 9mm), the trigger on a stock (quality or decent 1911) will be much better than a factory glock trigger. The STI Spartan comes to mind as having a great trigger pull, which can be had for about the same amount as a new glock (if you look). I'm not saying or trying to argue that you should go out and get (or use on if you have it) a 1911. Just saying a 1911 is easier to be accurate with, and has a better trigger than a glock. I just think you might want to consider getting a handgun that will suit your needs stock, rather than making a gun into something that might work for you that it wasn't intended to have (being a glock with a good trigger). As far as 1911 reliability goes, I have had 20 or so different 1911's (7 or 8 of them being rock islands) and only had 1 with problems, one of the Rock islands.

Sorry, this is even more off topic, but kinda relavent to the discussion.

I would seriously consider leaving that Asp at home. I would put money on a DA using this argument against you in the case of a justified shooting: "Why didn't you use non-lethal force? You were trained, had the tools, but chose to reach for your gun". He will present the case to the jury, "He could have prevented all of this, but didn't". It wouldn't matter what the situation was or how impossible it would have been to use other methods.

It seems that every time the police are in a shooting, the media ends up freaking out and asking "Why didn't they use the taser/mace/whatever?" It doesn't matter how justified you are, it seems like without the legal/political/union defense system the police have access to, you would get strung up.

Last time I made this point, many disagreed with me, but I still think that if you CCW, leave everything else at home.

Interesting thoughts about court cases involving modified guns. I was taught the same thing at the police academy, but I began to think about it. When attorneys are in court, they don't quote "someone told me", they have to actually cite which case involved the circumstances and the result.

I don't want to be a test case on whether or not modified guns will really get me in trouble because I don't trust attorneys or the criminal justice system. So for now, I agree that use of a modified firearm is not a good idea.

That being said, can anyone cite an actual case where use of a modified firearm in a self defense situation was used against someone? I would be interested to read the actual case and rulings as opposed to anecdotal information.

[HIJACK/] Just in case some one is running a search on this topic in the future, I found what I was looking for.
Wolf gun springs sells a "competition trigger spring pack" for Glocks.
I figure I can try them out 1 at a time 'till I come up with the feel I am after.[HIJACK/off]

:D:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads