JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently took my G20 G3/SF apart and did the 25C trigger job. I.e. polished all the trigger metal parts.

The first couple of times dry-firing it the pull feels much better, (smoother).

But if I keep on dry-firing the pull requires more and more force until it gets almost impossible to pull the trigger. It's still smoother than it was before the polishing.

If I take the frame apart and re-assemble again the pull goes back to being normal again but degrades to require more and more force.

(I meant to post this to Glock talk. But I can't sign up - the admin has banned my IP and doesn't respond to PMs...)

Any 2 cents welcome!

Hi pinne65,
I would do as Speedtriple stated Full Strip Clean relube. Put back together and try it again. If that don't work Email me if you like. I Curious if you took to much metal off as DAPSRT stated. I have parts here at the house we could try exchange them as a test.
Hope this helps, Tony Portland, Oregon Area. Email address is [email protected]

I used a Dremel w polishing felt attachment and Flitz polishing compound. Just enough to get a shiny surface on the metal parts in the trigger group. I don't think I took much metal off. Could some part have gotten too slick?

This is the first time I do this. There were some pretty good instructions on how to dis/reassemble the frame on by this guy youtube:Reassembly of a stripped Glock pistol (PART 1) - YouTube. (Well, at least they looked good to me)

Some pics:
TriggerGroupAssembled.jpg
TriggerGroupDisAssembled1.jpg
TriggerGroupDisAssembled2.jpg

I just put it back together again. The trigger really feels nice. But probably won't last. I'm going to dismantle it again and do super clean and re-lube it.

Thanks everybody for your input!

TriggerGroupAssembled.jpg

TriggerGroupDisAssembled1.jpg

TriggerGroupDisAssembled2.jpg

Make sure the spring above the disconnector (trigger spring) is connected right.... sounds like something is binding up and or out of alignment. I have done the 25 cent job on both my Glocks and never had this problem. I would take everything apart, inspect all the parts and put it back together and if you need to, just look up some vids you YouTube.

I had this exact problem once - the trigger return spring had been misaligned and caused a very akward trigger feel like what you explain. Stripped it, saw the issue, corrected it and all is well.

That's interesting. How was the spring misaligned? Did you take off and put it back wrong? When I took the trigger bar off I had to force the spring backwards to 10 a clock and it moves freely. When reassembling I again forced the string forwards to 2 a clock from where it moves freely.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top