JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Glock: The Rise of America's Gun - Anybody read it yet?

I just ordered it on Amazon after hearing about it on Tom Gresham's GunTalk, I'm thinking I'll donate it to the library after I'm done. Kinda intrigued......just wanted the thoughts of those who have already read it.

So i bought it and read it, here's my synopsis:

1. It was a good read in my opinion. I didn't agree with all the author's views, opinions or conclusions, but it was well written regardless.
2. My opinion is as much as he'd like to think he's a supporter of gun rights, he's still on the left hand side of the road........from the way it's written, he hadn't fired a firearm until he met with Massad Ayoob, whom he makes look kind of like a stooge(when you know enough about Ayoob, it sheds some light on our author). The author did a great job on radio making himself look like an unbiased reporter of the facts, honestly, I bet he believes it.........
3. Gaston Glock, reminds me of that quote about money......"it doesn't make a man, it unmasks them".
4. Glock is a brilliant guy that was in the right place at the right time. So was he "lucky", I think yes, but I also think it takes someone of his brilliance to capitalize on the opportunity he was presented with, and he was also wise enough to surround himself with people that would help make him a household name.
5. Worth the read from a historical perspective. Makes me sad American firearms manufacturers could not "pull their heads out", but I think firearms ownership and innovation is going through a new renaissance as I type. I cannot wait to see what comes next.

I believe the question now is: A. Is Glock still right? Does he have "perfection"? or B. Has Glock peaked? Since they haven't listened too well to the market, are others going to supplant their place?

My personal opinion is we are going to end up with "B".
For the record I own a couple Glocks, a couple S&W's, a Taurus, a Ruger, etc.........so I don't have an axe to grind. I bought my Glocks because I know they go "BANG" every time and eat every type of ammo. I feed them and I can find parts literally everywhere. At this point, the same cannot be said for my other guns.

From what I have read about Gaston Glock he is an bubblegum to Americans. He doesn't like us but he likes our money. I also have one of his guns for the same reason, it goes bang when the trigger is pulled and it holds alot of ammo. My carry gun is a Smith revolver, it also goes bang when I pull the trigger. I agree that us Americans should also be able to make a gun just as good or better than a Glock. S&W is on to something with the M&P line and all that is left is make it as easy to take apart as the Glock. I can pick up a used M&P 9mm for $400 and people still want $500 plus for a used Glock. I have yet to own a M&P but I am looking for the right deal on one and I assume they are made here in the U.S.

Just an FYI, I donated the book to the Clackamas Corner Library today, it's not showing on their system, so you may be able to check it out before it even goes in to circulation.

Pretty good NPR interview on the book, for the lazy:

How The Glock Became America's Weapon Of Choice : NPR

Very typical NPR slant and even more interesting is the picture ad next to the article for another NPR article on how the NRA stifled the fallout from the Tucson shooting. It may be very cliche' but, what a crock of sh+t.
After Schiller, Schiller, and Juan Williams, NPR and it's partner OPB can kiss my frosty sack.

Very typical NPR slant and even more interesting is the picture ad next to the article for another NPR article on how the NRA stifled the fallout from the Tucson shooting. It may be very cliche' but, what a crock of sh+t.
After Schiller, Schiller, and Juan Williams, NPR and it's partner OPB can kiss my frosty sack.

LOL, I thought it was a pretty balanced interview, even for NPR.

Care to explain why you think it's biased?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top