JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a .40cal to 9mm threaded conversion barrel for my Glock 23 and was wondering if I need to buy something else to make a suppressor work? Is there enough pressure with a sub-sonic 9mm to cycle?

Just trying to budget. The suppressor is pricey enough!!

Thanks.

Last Edited:
When buying a silencer make sure you buy one that is compatible with your gun. There is a 99.9% chance that you will need a can with a "booster" commonly called an LCD. Most makers have a can or at least an option for an LCD. Also it will depend on your SS load. If you are buying off the shelf (loaded ammo) SS ammo your gun should work with any. If you are handloading you will need a combo that will work in your gun.

Example is I have a nice 115gr SS load that runs great in my integral AR, but will not cycle my G34. I tried some 124gr bullets which functioned better but still not 100% so I stepped up to 147gr bullet and no problems now.

DSC_0010.jpg

I'm running a suppressor (Trident 9) on my XD40 with a 9mm conversion barrel. Everyone said I'd need a lighter spring but so far it's been 100% running Winchester Super X 147gr ($12 a box at the gun shows) and WWB 147gr JHP ($18 a box at WalMart, when they have it). I believe what works for one setup may or may not work on the next. I need to try some more personal protection type ammo to see if it stays subsonic as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top