JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or speaking of innovation.

I'm pretty happy about the debut, but they overhyped they heck out of it.

especially since so many people are waiting for a Glock carbine.
I won't be running out to buy a G44, but maybe in the next year I might.

I'm still flummoxed that this is what Glock heard their customers saying they wanted.

Pretty sure theres plenty of people that have been asking for a .22.

I dont watch many YM vids, but I did check out the video posted earlier and he did make a good point that this is their first non self defense pistol, and that's a big thing. If it does well, they could continue to branch out.

I seriously don't understand all the whining about this thing.

I really REALLY wish Glock would offer 3 things factory, 1) a more rounded and thinner slide, 2) Nite sights as standard across the line, 3) NO Rails as a specific option across the board! I would be more likely to carry/use Ol'Plactic Fantastic if I could Get them WITHOUT that Damn Rail, and didn't have to spend a bunch extra to get halfway decent sights, and if they actually carried better!
Alas, Glock doesn't even care, so I don't and will not even buy one, Again!
Might be selling my G-20 MK-1 soon!

2) Nite sights as standard across the line
3) NO Rails as a specific option across the board! I would be more likely to carry/use Ol'Plactic Fantastic if I could Get them WITHOUT that Damn Rail,

I'd rather choose my sights, so removing and tossing the 3 cent turds doesn't even register.
Why do you dislike the rail? I prefer the option of having an X300U up front, plus it renders the need for night sights moot.
BTW, you could always find Gen 2, they have no rail.

I want a smooth pistol, and I don't run weapon mounted................Anything!
If they put decent Night Sight on in the first place, we wouldn't have to knock the crap off and do it ourselves!

Glocks also are available with factory Meprolight night sights, which are solid sight, but as I mentioned above I'd rather choose my own.

Don't almost all handgun manufacturers have a 22 training version of their main defensive handguns? Walther, S&W, Sig, etc. Very innovative.

It's all marketing to get the new shooter into the game. Glock is already positioned as "so easy a caveman can shoot it." This is a logical product release for them to close a gap they had for a long time. It's primary market is not the enthusiast.

This is a life boat gun; women and children first.

Last Edited:
Hey now, HK finally gave us a real MP5. I think they might be turning a leaf on the usual middle finger to general public thing they normally do.

That price tho... I think without having to engineer a whole new firearm from scratch, they could maybe pass that savings down, and get it comparable to a Scorpion. But then of course I'd be thinking

That price tho... I think without having to engineer a whole new firearm from scratch, they could maybe pass that savings down, and get it comparable to a Scorpion. But then of course I'd be thinking
HK, err I should say real HK not HK USA, has always been pay to play.

Well even today a standard MP5A2 comes in for $1k less than the SP5...
But anyways how bout them Glocks?
Release was such a buzz kill, thread turns into SP5 discussion...

I only kid of coarse.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads