JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah I'm unaware of limits the glock has?

like not being able to run bubba'd up overpowered reloads?

Yeah, after 30+ successful years, being carried and used by something like 80% of the worlds LEO and military in some of the harshest conditions known to man, I would think that the "plastic has limits" argument would run dry.

Oh well, some folks will hold on to that argument forever. :rolleyes:

Yeah, after 30+ successful years, being carried and used by something like 80% of the worlds LEO and military in some of the harshest conditions known to man, I would think that the "plastic has limits" argument would run dry.

Oh well, some folks will hold on to that argument forever. :rolleyes:

Its ok bro. just ask'em why the mighty 1911 only won two world wars and not Vietnam nor conflicts after.

bait...

Its ok bro. just ask'em why the mighty 1911 only won two world wars and not Vietnam nor conflicts after.

bait...
Well BRO....you seem to think I'm the ultimate Glock "fanboy" based on a few of your posts.

Would it surprise you that I LOVE 1911's and HATED Glocks until the Gen 3 came out? I have 5 handguns in my safe that AREN'T Glock and two of them are even revolvers.

I do like Glocks because they are quality reliable tools. I shoot them well enough, and I trust them 100%. That being said, you will and have NEVER seen me say they are the "best".

I hearby create a new internet debate law called "Kodas Law" which states that as any gun forum topic of discussion grows longer the probability of comparing a Glock to a 1911 approaches certainty.

I hearby create a new internet debate law called "Kodas Law" which states that as any gun forum topic of discussion grows longer the probability of comparing a Glock to a 1911 approaches certainty.

I think I said it many pages back, but why can't we have ONE Glock thread without someone putting down plastic or comparing it to a 1911?

I think I said it many pages back, but why can't we have ONE Glock thread without someone putting down plastic or comparing it to a 1911?

Probably the same way we can't have a Kel-Tec or Hi-Point thread without me putting them down, more I think about it. :s0140:

sorry if I missed it being 16pg thread but its true it seems mention 1 of them the other will be brought up.

All I can think of now is how stinkin hilarious it would be if Glocks big announcement tomorrow was a polymer 1911...

ALL METAL GLOCK

No plastic.

Glocks to date have been built to a performance level and price point. Plastic has placed limits on the performance.

NO MORE LIMITS - all metal and a price to go along with it.

~

Which is why every firearm manufacturer worth a damn has followed Glock down the polymer road. :rolleyes:

Including those updating Browning's pistol.
STACCATO - P - STI Firearms, LLC

Last Edited:

My intent was to speculate, more just for the fun of it that glock might debut a all metal gun. I was really just trying to be contrary and threw the plastic thing in there well, just because.

I don't really believe plastic as in glocks have not proven themselves. I don't own one right now but used to own a 23 and liked it well enough. Own plenty of plastic guns 'CZ P10C' plus more as of now but am trending towards CZ all metal for the foresee-a-ble future though.

So sorry for the plastic disrespect comment. o_O Not that it's going to make much difference hehe...

I still think it would be a hoot if the surprise was an all metal Glock. Maybe it would not be better but would be different and thus ad a segment of the market glock was not covering like CZ is and HK is etc.

If Glock is aiming to exapnd their marked share, and what business dont want that?? then the full metal jacket would make sense. It would for sure set the tongues wagging.

Of course, all "TRUE" Glock fan boy's hair would instantly catch on fire... that would be the most fun part of all.

Next day at the office.... what the f... dude what happened to your hair? oh ya, almost forgot, Glock "came out" with that new "all metal" .45. and POOF your hair lit up....

My intent was to speculate, more just for the fun of it that glock might debut a all metal gun. I was really just trying to be contrary and threw the plastic thing in there well, just because.

I don't really believe plastic as in glocks have not proven themselves. I don't own one right now but used to own a 23 and liked it well enough. Own plenty of plastic guns 'CZ P10C' plus more as of now but am trending towards CZ all metal for the foresee-a-ble future though.

So sorry for the plastic disrespect comment. o_O Not that it's going to make much difference hehe...

I still think it would be a hoot if the surprise was an all metal Glock. Maybe it would not be better but would be different and thus ad a segment of the market glock was not covering like CZ is and HK is etc.

If Glock is aiming to exapnd their marked share, and what business dont want that?? then the full metal jacket would make sense. It would for sure set the tongues wagging.

Of course, all "TRUE" Glock fan boy's hair would instantly catch on fire... that would be the most fun part of all.

Next day at the office.... what the f... dude what happened to your hair? oh ya, almost forgot, Glock "came out" with that new "all metal" .45. and POOF your hair lit up....

Lucky for me I'm bald. :D

This is why I think Glocks big announcement is going to be a let down. I dont have the imagination to think of anything they can invent outside of a metal Glock or a 1911 that isnt already done.

bait...

Very simple- Nukes.

At the end of WWII we had nukes, so no more need to rely on the old forty-five. The 1911 had already single-handedly ended two major global conflicts. Like nuclear weapons, it needed to be held back a little on these minor, regional conflicts, held in reserve for the "big one".

It's actually a very positive sign that the U.S. government is finally letting go of their strategic reserves of 1911s, through the CMP. It shows that the powers that be are no longer worried about the eventuality of WWIII.

Either that, or they've secretly developed something better, like pulse energy weapons, antimatter grenades, or phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top