JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe not hostile. Maybe you seem a bit defensive. Just trying to prevent an escalation.

I guess I find your thread title misleading. You didn't make it in the form of a question, you just made a statement that Glocks slam fire. The video you provided is "barely" a Glock and more an aftermarket overpriced bling pistol. I clicked your link thinking you had either experienced or found some new evidence about Glocks slam firing and there is neither. So no I'm not hostile, I just like to find facts to backup such a bold thread title. The threads that were linked are older than some of our members and provide nothing more than one or two claiming it happened to them. As far as the Gen 1 and Gen 2's doing it? Again, those are older than some of our members at this point so I'm curious why to bring it up 20 + years later....?

I guess I find your thread title misleading. You didn't make it in the form of a question, you just made a statement that Glocks slam fire. The video you provided is "barely" a Glock and more an aftermarket overpriced bling pistol. I clicked your link thinking you had either experienced or found some new evidence about Glocks slam firing and there is neither. So no I'm not hostile, I just like to find facts to backup such a bold thread title. The threads that were linked are older than some of our members and provide nothing more than one or two claiming it happened to them. As far as the Gen 1 and Gen 2's doing it? Again, those are older than some of our members at this point so I'm curious why to bring it up 20 + years later....?
Out of curiosity, as stated.
Sorry if you feel misled. Should have realized I needed to make thread titles in question form.
I did state in my first post that it hadn't happened to me, and that I was curious as to whether it had happened to anyone here.

So for that Gucci Glock to slamfire what would have to fail in the Glock-designed system ?

1) The firing pin safety.
On the Gucci Glock these are replaced with a proprietary unit coupled with a reduced power spring.
This is to try to achieve a lighter trigger pull weight.

2) The firing pin
On a Gucci Glock this is replaced with a proprietary firing pin or the OEM firing pin is given "lightening cuts". Also in the quest for a lighter trigger pull.

3) Cruciform - firing pin lug interface
This is like the "sear/trigger" interface on a hammer-fired gun.
When working on a Glock, the armorer or gunsmith is supposed to verify proper engagement of the cruciform and firing pin lug.
The cruciform resides in the frame and the firing pin lug is in the slide so it's easy to see that contact between the two is variable.
There is a special, temporary slide cover plate that allows the armorer to witness the interface.

My Internet Guess is that two safety features would have had to fail at the same time

1) Cruciform contact on the firing pin lug was insufficient.
2) Either the firing pin safety was fouled or the firing pin/firing pin safety interface was not in spec and therefore could not restrain the firing pin.

And the whole scenario has nothing to do with an OEM Glock except always keep it pointed in a safe direction.

Last Edited:
Ok. The link you provide has just a handful of responses, not much at all to sink one's teeth into.

This here is something you see a lot on the net. People will put up a link, saying "see here it is". When you actually read the link all it goes to is some conversations by other people who could be anyone saying anything. You can come up with any "idea" or story you want to be true and then show links, saying see here it is. I DO NOT care for Glock but, they have certainly earned the market share they have. If this was really happening with stock, un kitchen table smithed pistols the lawyers would be all over it. This is why I strongly doubted the original video was a pistol that someone had not decided to "work on".

Never had a slam fire with any of my glox including those with polished internals and McNally triggers.

My CZ Shadow2 will mimic a double tap if I ride the reset too closely. Not always, but sometimes.

It is a non starter to me. If you put enough parts in not designed to work together you can make about any mechanical thing malf. My guess is an out of spec slide where the safety plunger resides and/or firing pin safety plunger/spring out of spec.

Last Edited:
Same as usual.
Modify a gun and wonder why it has an issue.

Glock uses the tag line "Perfection" because it's safe and fire EVERYTIME out the box.

When you put light springs, firing pins, and modify parts it will have issues.

And/or people are using hot loads.

That's the bad thing about being one of the most mass produced and popular military, self-defense, and police pistols of all time; there are thousands of companies making crap to make the pistol better and a significant portion of them actually make it worse.

So with millions of pistols out there with an infinite number of combinations of parts and modifications, you can find an example/rumor/video of the pistol failing in pretty much any way you want.

That's the bad thing about being one of the most mass produced and popular military, self-defense, and police pistols of all time; there are thousands of companies making crap to make the pistol better and a significant portion of them actually make it worse.

So with millions of pistols out there with an infinite number of combinations of parts and modifications, you can find an example/rumor/video of the pistol failing in pretty much any way you want.
It's possible now to have a Glock-ish.
A pistol that sort of looks like a Glock but has no OEM Glock parts.
In that case YOU are tech support.

No, I've never had it happen. Anyone have any links/videos to this happening on a stock gun?
it happened to someone i know once but it was that persons own fault. when putting the striker plunger in, the spring fell out and landed sideways in its hole. it made the striker stick forward and you can guess what happened when the slide went into battery.

that being said, most of the time AFM parts are what cause problems with glocks.

Hey OldTengu. I've owned twenty-some Glocks over the years, all bone stock. All functioned perfectly except one. It was one of the first G21 pistols, bought in 1992 at SM in Eugene. Great pistol. A bit fat. After about 200 rounds it began to double. Then it started to triple. When it ripped off 4 it got my attention, so I took it back to Marv and he gave me a Sig P220. He put a NY trigger in the G21 and it went back on the shelf. Apparently, Glock had a run of early G21s that had G17 fire control parts that were out of spec and subject to a recall later on. Not sure if that's true, it's just what I was told.

It's possible now to have a Glock-ish.
A pistol that sort of looks like a Glock but has no OEM Glock parts.
In that case YOU are tech support.

This used to be fairly common with 1911's. Back when there was not 15 or more people making them and almost all you ever saw was the basic GM or the Gold Cup. LOT's of people wanted one with extra stuff and damned if there was not plenty of it for sale. Along with books and later video's to show you how to "smith them" at home. A lot of people used to get stuck with one that was anything from poorly reliable to damn dangerous. Don't hear about it nearly as much any more since there are so many places making them now with all the goodies already there. No doubt there are still plenty floating around though. Sounds like a lot of people are going to end up with a Glock now and not realize they got one someone had made dangerous playing gun smith on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top