Glock slam fires

OP
OldTengu

OldTengu

Reactions
That looks like a collection of aftermarket parts......
I'd seen other instances as well, this was just the best video example. Most seemed to be related to aftermarket triggers and home glocksmithing, but there was one instance of a stock g22 (I think) doing this within the first 1500 rounds. I'll try to find a link.
This one is for a 32 in .357 sig
glock slam fire... what?! - Ruger Forum

OP
OldTengu

OldTengu

Reactions
The one you shared is NOT a stock Glock. Just from a visual standpoint, it has an aftermarket barrel and maybe even not a Glock frame. Internals notwithstanding.
Not the video link. In my post replying to @Unka-Boo , I shared a link to a Ruger forum. Here it is again.
glock slam fire... what?! - Ruger Forum
I am aware that the pistol in the video link isn't stock.

OP
OldTengu

OldTengu

Reactions
Ok. The link you provide has just a handful of responses, not much at all to sink one's teeth into.
Which is a good part of why I started the thread to begin with. Most of the links I could find didn't provide anything definitive, and was hoping someone here had something meatier.
So I could sink my teeth into it.
The firing squad link has a little more, once you get to the seventh post, it starts to go into the NYPD's history with issues surrounding the first gen g19s. But still not much.

Are you looking to buy a Glock? Or just flush out "problems" with them? They are used worldwide my countless military and law enforcement agencies with millions of rounds fired per year (probably a lot more than that). I would figure if this was an issue worth worrying about there would be a LOT more information than a couple of raggedy old threads and a Gucci "Glock" caught on video.

OP
OldTengu

OldTengu

Reactions
Are you looking to buy a Glock? Or just flush out "problems" with them? They are used worldwide my countless military and law enforcement agencies with millions of rounds fired per year (probably a lot more than that). I would figure if this was an issue worth worrying about there would be a LOT more information than a couple of raggedy old threads and a Gucci "Glock" caught on video.
I have multiple Glocks. Just read about some slam fire issues, and was curious if anyone here had had the issue. No need for hostility.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom