Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glock site installer

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by orchemo, Jan 1, 2009.

1. orchemo

orchemo Portland Active Member

Looking for a Glock sight pusher to install night sites on my G30. I know Keiths does it, any one have there own pusher and what is your experience?

Thanks
    Eric

2. Deavis

Deavis Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

I have an old school tool for the 17/22 size slides that Glock says they are not making anymore per their armorer's class last month. They are suppossed to come out with a new one this year to replace it. Unk if it will work on the 21/30 size as a universal. Brownells has generics.... www.brownells.com

3. bnr32gtr

bnr32gtr Vancouver, WA Member

I used a small ball peen hammer, a good vise, a brass drift and a drop or two of oil and was GTG! Have done this at least 6 times, all with night sites and they all run 100%!

You might be able to find someone on Glock Talk that rents a sight pusher. Pretty cool deal but I'm not sure if he's still around.

4. BUZO71

BUZO71 Emerald Valley, Oregon New Member

Sportsmans will do it for you in like five minutes

5. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Are you can buy a sight pusher from Midway or Brownells if you don't want to pay someone or use a hammer. Easy to use.

Scott

6. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

If you do decide to go the hammer route, I'd highly recommend a brass-faced one, and maybe masking off the slide in the vicinity of the sight channel.

Brass is softer than the Glock slide finish so you won;'t be chipping your finish. I use a brass-faced hammer to adjust my G21 rear Tritium sight...

Like this one from Brownell's:

Somehow I'm getting the feeling that the O.P. forgot this thread and we're going on without him.