JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Preferably night sights. I've noticed ever since the trijicons came off and the factory sights went back on I've struggled at hitting paper plates 100 yards away. Now at best I can hit them at 25 yards. :eek:

The faaat front sight can't possibly help. I remember the trijicon front sight had a very thin blade, with lot's of light on both sides. As long as I focused on the front sight I was able to hit targets a long ways away (a huge advantage in SHTF or if you go camping and the pistol is all you have with you).

Preferably night sights. I've noticed ever since the trijicons came off and the factory sights went back on I've struggled at hitting paper plates 100 yards away. Now at best I can hit them at 25 yards. :eek:

The faaat front sight can't possibly help. I remember the trijicon front sight had a very thin blade, with lot's of light on both sides. As long as I focused on the front sight I was able to hit targets a long ways away (a huge advantage in SHTF or if you go camping and the pistol is all you have with you).

Snakes eyes are hands down the most accurate pistol sight I have ever used. Superb long range and great for quick acquisition. They are on my duty G22.

Why did you remove the Trijicons?

Getting old, plus I've had the front site come off TWICE over several years even with Loctite...Figured I'd go back to stock, since I never had an issue with the coming off. Then of course, I noticed the awful accuracy with the stock sights. Sweet Jebus...Fast yes, but not very accurate. You know it's bad when you can pick up your buddies other brand and shoot it like it's a tac driver and notice the front sight is very thin...

image.jpeg
For night sights these are what I have found to be best for me they are the Dave Sevigney carry sights by warren tactical for a he little g43 I had to get them directly from Sevigney for the rest of my guns Dawson precision has the best price on them. They also make a version with a fiber front and black rear that I use on my range only guns.

Snakes eyes are hands down the most accurate pistol sight I have ever used. Superb long range and great for quick acquisition. They are on my duty G22.

Is this a Police or Security gun? I ask because it is a big difference if a SWAT officer endorses something vs. Joe the armored car driver. I've seen this in a few articles, but some of the reviews on amazon say it is NOT very accurate, albeit fast. Personally I'm not sure why the discrepancy, as aperture sights are known to be faster and more accurate than traditional leaf/post/notch sights on many other platforms. Plus you can lend the rear sight to a liberal as a you know what ring. :D

Is this a Police or Security gun? I ask because it is a big difference if a SWAT officer endorses something vs. Joe the armored car driver. I've seen this in a few articles, but some of the reviews on amazon say it is NOT very accurate, albeit fast. Personally I'm not sure why the discrepancy, as aperture sights are known to be faster and more accurate than traditional leaf/post/notch sights on many other platforms. Plus you can lend the rear sight to a liberal as a you know what ring. :D
My guess is these will be something like holsters. I too saw the reviews on Amazon. I am guessing it's going to be the old what I like you may not like. If they start making a set that will fit my 1911's I am pretty damn sure I will give a set a try.

LEO, SO Firearms and range instructor...He asked, I gave my opinion. I told him my personal experience as an older gent. The last place I'd rely on a review on anything firearms related is Amazon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top