JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have one I can borrow?

Or anyone have a DIY model that they dont mind sharing?

Thanks,

reno911

The gun shop in Tigard, gunbroker will put on your Glock sight for free. They did it for me for free.
I recently replaced my rear factory plastic with a factory metal on my Glock. I just smacked the rear sight off by using my padded wooden table, and smacked the new one back in. But if you are installing night sights, just go to the gun shop. Plus one more excuse to check the Bi-Mart next door for ammo and nothing wrong with fondling some guns at the gun shop.

I just use a 4" brass bolt from the hardware store as a punch (much cheaper than an actual brass punch) and a small ball peen hammer.

If you're installing sights get yourself a piece of emory cloth, a coarse sharpening stone, or a fine metal file to fit the sight into the dovetail. You do this by removing metal, a little at a time, off the base. Just put the entire base of the sight onto the emory cloth, stone or file and slide it back and forth with even pressure until the sight fits into the dovetail. Then you can gently tap it into place with the brass bolt and hammer.

I just use a 4" brass bolt from the hardware store as a punch (much cheaper than an actual brass punch) and a small ball peen hammer.

If you're installing sights get yourself a piece of emory cloth, a coarse sharpening stone, or a fine metal file to fit the sight into the dovetail. You do this by removing metal, a little at a time, off the base. Just put the entire base of the sight onto the emory cloth, stone or file and slide it back and forth with even pressure until the sight fits into the dovetail. Then you can gently tap it into place with the brass bolt and hammer.

Glock front sights are secured with a bolt, not a dovetail.

Sorry guys Tapatalk seems to not like the upgraded site. I haven't gotten any updates or anything. I ended up using a wooden dowel and hammer. Got them lined up fine. Will test Friday to make sure they are on target.

If you the center the sight in the notch, using the "unused" flats on each side, it will be dead on.

I've done a lot of glocks for a handful of people, and we just center them and go. Works great. Never needed adjustment.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top