JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I ran a few mags through my Glock 23 today, and it seems to be shooting high. What should I look at?

Normally I easily keep under 6" groups.

Maybe I'm just having an off day on pistols...I put 12 mags through the AR just fine.

I wasn't really planning on shooing my pistol, so all I had were three mags with 180gr Federal HST (only shot two so I wasn't carrying an empty gun).

I'd say look at "you". Unless you've changed sights. Glock sights aren't elevation adjustable (I know there are some comp sights that are). Look at your grip, stance, distance to target. I am assuming you've shot the same round with better success in the past so I'm leaving that off the table. Not much to go wrong with elevation on a Glock.

I honestly can count on mine to be where and when I want it to, but everyone has an off day. I've had a few instances of rifles that were DOA 9 out of ten times but on that tenth time I was all over the map. It happens.

As mentioned earlier. Lighter rounds.
Less dwell time in the barrel. with less muzzle flip. Will print lower.

If you are lighter than standard weight for the caliber. And still printing high. Then you need a taller front sight. Or lower rear. An option is to file some off the rear if its metal [within reason]. Touch them up with some cold bluing.

Glock says they are factory sighted to hit 0-2" high at 25 yards, and suggest a 6 o'clock hold. They also say that these are just approximate, and every pistol is different. Glocks are not target pistols. They have loose tolerances and plastic sights. That said, if it bugs you, you can order Glock OEM non adjustable sights at different heights to change where your pistol hits. You can even buy the adjustable rear for about $25. Because they are plastic, they are easy to drift in an out with a punch. The front sight is actually harder because you need an exceptionally thin walled socket to remove the front screw.

Usually spastic trigger problems in a righty will result in low, and low left groups. As stated above different ammo, different poi... Group size is a different issue entirely. Hard to actually sight in a gun if you can't get your group size down to a clear reasonable pattern. Shoot from a rest before you make sighting changes.

I do not have factory sights. The front is a Trijicon tritium sight, the rear is a black steel Novak. Both were suppose to be "stock height". I'm going to shoot off a bench this weekend and see where it's at exactly.

I know it's not a target pistol, but I've never had it be off this far, and nothing has changed except ammo (but same weight).

Thanks for all the advise.

I do not have factory sights. The front is a Trijicon tritium sight, the rear is a black steel Novak. Both were suppose to be "stock height". I'm going to shoot off a bench this weekend and see where it's at exactly.

I know it's not a target pistol, but I've never had it be off this far, and nothing has changed except ammo (but same weight).

Thanks for all the advise.

I have trijicon sights on my 23. With the same problem. That's why I filed down the rear sights.

All my other Glocks with plastic sights were right on!
DSCN3070.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews