JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey guys I'm kicking around the idea of installing an RMR on my 43x and had a few questions for anyone who has actually done it. My plan is to use the Trijicon RM01 and it looks like I'll need a mounting plate to fit it on my slide. See my questions below

1. Is there a local gunsmith that can machine my slide in the everett area and if so how much would it be?

2. I have a mill and could potentially machine it myself. If i do that, how deep do you cut the slide and when you drill the holes for the mounting plate, do you drill all the way through or just blind tap them?

I'm only interested in hearing from people that have had this work done and can take some measurements or from gunsmiths that have done this work. Not interested is anyones opinion on whether or not to use a red dot or which one to use.

Thanks in advance

hey guys I'm kicking around the idea of installing an RMR on my 43x and had a few questions for anyone who has actually done it. My plan is to use the Trijicon RM01 and it looks like I'll need a mounting plate to fit it on my slide. See my questions below

1. Is there a local gunsmith that can machine my slide in the everett area and if so how much would it be?

2. I have a mill and could potentially machine it myself. If i do that, how deep do you cut the slide and when you drill the holes for the mounting plate, do you drill all the way through or just blind tap them?

I'm only interested in hearing from people that have had this work done and can take some measurements or from gunsmiths that have done this work. Not interested is anyones opinion on whether or not to use a red dot or which one to use.

Thanks in advance
Some of these slides are getting milled with no recoil lugs because it that takes more skill.
And some are getting cut with no RMR front radius because that takes more skill.

I would send it out to either :
Jagerwerks
Primary Machine
ATEi

In no particular order.

The 43 slide is too narrow to fit an rmr. Your screws will have very little material to hold on too. You will eventually throw it off the gun. Also with a gun this size the rmr doesn't really offer any advantage over iron sights. He 43 is a small gun for concealing. If you really wanted an rmr I would go with a 19. Or wait untill they come out with an optic designed for the slimmer slides.

You could go with a dovetail mount if you have your heart set on a rmr type sight.
5m3L5Bt.jpg

You could go with a dovetail mount if you have your heart set on a rmr type sight.
View attachment 576877

I thought about that. I'm not sure i like the sight cantilevered out off just the rear dovetail. Trijicon makes a universal mounting plate for the narrow slides and it has pins machines in. Suarez international also makes a mounting plate without the pins for a lot less. I'm sure i can make a plate and milk my slide, I'm just wondering if it's worth it to have someone else do it since I've never milled a slide before. It's a simple operation and i know how to run a mill, it's just the risk of something going wrong and now I have a junk slide all to save xxx dollars

The guys at Brimstone Gunsmithing are very good at this, doing their machine work in house. Might ask them for their opinion on an RMR on a 43x slide...I think jeedia raises a valid question. Good luck..!!

If Suarez makes a pin mount that could work. However that is alot if force being put on 2 pins. Most of your high end Glocks have 2 pins and 2 screws to mount on a 19+ size slide. I'm not saying it's not going to work. You just need to understand the rmr will eventually be flying off your gun. Most dovetail mounts will end up this way too. Unless you are a master Machinist I wouldn't even attempt said mod. To do it right and keep the optic in place holding zero you need someone who has tested this and has a system in place.

If Suarez makes a pin mount that could work. However that is alot if force being put on 2 pins. Most of your high end Glocks have 2 pins and 2 screws to mount on a 19+ size slide. I'm not saying it's not going to work. You just need to understand the rmr will eventually be flying off your gun. Most dovetail mounts will end up this way too. Unless you are a master Machinist I wouldn't even attempt said mod. To do it right and keep the optic in place holding zero you need someone who has tested this and has a system in place.
This

I wouldn't call it a simple milling operation.
You have to leave the two recoil posts and cut a radius to match the RMR footprint.
And then not blow into the extractor rod channel.

Good point about the G43 being a slim frame.
Kinda like putting a piano on a donkey's back.
I like the G19 suggestion.
Or maybe a G26 ?

Good luck

I have several Glocks with RMRs. Taylor Freelance is the only local one I know of that can do it.

I have a JaegerWorks G21 slide with a Trijicon RM06, a factory Glock MOS G19 with an RM01, and a ZEV Dragonfly G17 with a Holosun HS507c.

I can't wait to sell the RM01 on the G19 and install a Holosun HS507c in its place.
If you want to go shooting you are welcome to join me and experience the different guns. I also have another one with a Vortex Venom on it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top