JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe we should start listing Serial number prefixes as to which do and which don't. Maybe there is a pattern here. Does anybody know if Glock ever had an order for a particular customer (government/military/LE, remember Glock is world wide) who requested this option?

I could see this being an issue with untrained shooters, but if a particular 'customer' trained this way, it may have been an oversight on Glock and released future sales with this 'option'.

I know the non-drop free mags were the original design for magazine retention, (drop-free mags were made for the U.S. market?) so maybe (just maybe) this could be a design feature. Tonight I will test my Glocks to see if they do this also.

SF-

Well, I don't think we really need to do a serial# project. :D
What I do think would help though, would be to ask someone
like Dan at OFA, to share his thoughts on how often the
"auto slide drop" happens or if it even happens at all in
their classes and if is a "real"
or "imagined" problem.

Also, a simple call to the Tech dept. at Glock Inc. should
be able to clear this matter up. :p

Maybe we should start listing Serial number prefixes as to which do and which don't. Maybe there is a pattern here. Does anybody know if Glock ever had an order for a particular customer (government/military/LE, remember Glock is world wide) who requested this option?

I could see this being an issue with untrained shooters, but if a particular 'customer' trained this way, it may have been an oversight on Glock and released future sales with this 'option'.

I know the non-drop free mags were the original design for magazine retention, (drop-free mags were made for the U.S. market?) so maybe (just maybe) this could be a design feature. Tonight I will test my Glocks to see if they do this also.

SF-

Thanks for the info. I've been wodering why 3 of my magazines are not drop free. I thought they were broke. I watched a video & when the slide stop notch gets to used it starts to file itself down down at a angle. which causes the slide stop button to loosen up, causing the slide to chamber a new round.

I believe this was shown to a friend of mine by a somewhat well known Glock armorer in Eugene who does CHL classes and works at one of the bigger shops here. I believe this was where I first heard/saw it was from him, and had to try it for myself after.

I believe this was shown to a friend of mine by a somewhat well known Glock armorer in Eugene who does CHL classes and works at one of the bigger shops here. I believe this was where I first heard/saw it was from him, and had to try it for myself after.

I should have asked Raye when I was at the range yesterday.

Well this is very interesting...

The following Glocks do the famous "chamber a round when you a SLAM a magazine in":

G17
G17L
G19
G34
G21

The G26 only did it once but it has an aftermarket extended slide release and I slammed it several times.

When the slide went forward it reminded me of the HK P7 and how that slide chambers a round when you insert a magazine into it, but only when the grip is squeezed. I believe this to be an OEM feature and cannot foresee how this could lead to an AD without the shooters fingers being on the trigger right.

Oh yeah.... Does anybody know a Glock smith who can taper the front of the slide like the G34's?

SF-

EDIT: forgot to mention that when the mags were inserted like a 'normal American shooter' I didn't get the automatic slide release.

Or, as said before, LWD sells slides with the mod already done. I don't know what a smith will charge to do it, but I would ASSume long run cheaper to buy new slide. You'll end up with either an extra slide, can sell your factory slide and probably pay off new one, etc.

If you know it does this and you are fully aware of it, isn't it kinda like pullling the trigger and it goes Bang... Don't pull the trigger if you don't want it to go bang , Don't be'otch slapp the mag in if you don't want it to chamber a round...
In a combat situation it could be a + , Kinda what the original Glock was built for...Combat...

If it is not broke,Don't fix it... :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads