JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
FYI - FOR GLOCK INTERESTED

Yesterday, I scored a low Class "C" USPSA carry optic classifier using my G19Gen5 w/Leupold DPP.

And since I have convinced myself I'm a better shooter than I actually am, I decided IT MUST BE THE EQUIPMENT.
So today, among my online meetings, I found the following for your information. Enjoy!

1) Glock is Making a Trigger! The Performance Trigger is Here - TFBTV @ Shotshow 2023

2) store.team.glock.com Glock Performance Trigger for G17Gen5, G19Gen5, G19X, G26Gen5, G34gen5, G45, G47

p.s. The triggers were in stock (as of today) at Lenny's GlockStore online.

Yeah. I am a glock guy but I am unimpressed to say the least. The fact that they released a trigger that's gen 5 specific (which is already slightly better than other gens) without any specs, is not the epitome of perfection. Reduced pull weight is not what would sell me. Getting rid of the mile and a half of travel would be far more appealing. The break is already fine, the rest of it is mushy garbage.

Yeah. I am a glock guy but I am unimpressed to say the least. The fact that they released a trigger that's gen 5 specific (which is already slightly better than other gens) without any specs, is not the epitome of perfection. Reduced pull weight is not what would sell me. Getting rid of the mile and a half of travel would be far more appealing. The break is already fine, the rest of it is mushy garbage.
Get a Johnny Glock vex trigger shoe and allllll your "problems" with the trigger go away.

Why wouldn't they release a trigger for their current production, most popular products before anything else? Maybe you'll get a gen 3 in a year if sales figures and feedback warrant it.

Sounds like a "Glock guy" who hates Glocks

Get a Johnny Glock vex trigger shoe and allllll your "problems" with the trigger go away.

Why wouldn't they release a trigger for their current production, most popular products before anything else? Maybe you'll get a gen 3 in a year if sales figures and feedback warrant it.

Sounds like a "Glock guy" who hates Glocks
I'm not perturbed that they released it for their current iteration of their completely unchanged design....it just doesn't make sense to me to unveil it with absolutely no specs. $100+ to spend on faith that after 40 something years they finally figured out how to design a trigger that can compete at all. I definitely don't hate glocks at all. I'm quite a fan but the trigger is the biggest down fall and all the shot show footage I've seen regarding the new trigger was nothing other than disappointing and perplexing.

From what I gather, the design is nothing like the traditional Glock trigger system with its cruciform and TMH ramp .
From Johnny's reviews, it sounds like Timney invented the design and then Glock took it and improved on it.
Hopefully that's the case. I really don't mind the stock Glock triggers. A little polishing goes a long way.

You really need to shoot one to experience the difference. Mine measures at a light 4# and the trigger shoe is much nicer than the factory one. Couple that with my RDS and I'm shooting the little IPSC man right in the face mag after mag like a typewriter. I wouldn't carry this trigger, as it's mechanically so divergent from the tried and trusted factory. Still, for a range gun, it sure is a hoot to shoot

Hopefully that's the case. I really don't mind the stock Glock triggers. A little polishing goes a long way.
I've monkeyed with them every which way but Sunday.
Even replaced them with aftermarket.
There's only so much you can do.
I have some range-only guns that break at around 2lbs but break quality is still so-so.
When in battery, it is consensus that the Glock striker spring is 70% charged.
You charge the remaining 30% with the trigger press. (that's the mush)

You really need to shoot one to experience the difference. Mine measures at a light 4# and the trigger shoe is much nicer than the factory one. Couple that with my RDS and I'm shooting the little IPSC man right in the face mag after mag like a typewriter. I wouldn't carry this trigger, as it's mechanically so divergent from the tried and trusted factory. Still, for a range gun, it sure is a hoot to shoot
Good point. I was thinking in terms of a carry gun. As a range gun it would be a completely different story. Kind of like my relationship with the P320. Haha.

My G19 Gen 3 feels like a trigger of a potato gun. It feels like there is a big bump and its all stock. I was looking at this Timney Triggers and I wonder if this is gonna improve it for atleast a lot smoother and shorter to squeeze the trigger?

TIMNEY TRIGGERS ALPHA GLOCK GEN 3-4 DROP IN 3 LB TRIGGER - ALPHA GLOCK 3-4

1702472544692.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews