JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Vortex venom, trigger job, lonewolf stainless guide rod, and a lonewolf alphawolf fluted barrel.

20160229_184058.jpg 20160229_184114.jpg 20160229_184200.jpg

@308, question for ya beins you're a Glock Perfectionist. If I had to guess, I'd say you've tried to better the triggers on these things.
My 19 G4 has the stock trigger connector. I'm aware of the different (dot, dash, plus) connectors, they look to be different angles. That said, they must lengthen or shorten the draw in the trigger bar radius, then snap. From what I gain from the differences, the "dash" (3.5lb) connector is the best way to go. Is it worth messing with that alone, or will I need to change springs too?

Here's something I found on my G21 Gen3 that made a real noticeable difference.
After I polished everything inside, I put it back together and dry fired. I was surprised because it still felt gritty. As I cycled the action I watched all the pieces move in their respective ranges. I noticed several areas in the stamped trigger bar, that weren't stamped flat, in relation to the polymer frames, internals. I fixed one slight "snakey" area nearest the right side, that was touching. The action still had a gritty feel to it. Then I found where the rear of the trigger bar angled it's way to the trigger connector, things were also out of alignment. After a little bit of manipulation with a couple pair of pliers, I got those areas in alignment with the rest of the action. I gave the trigger connector a little tweak, and I was in like flyn. Pull, draw, straight in-line, snap. Nice and smooth.

My glock perfection comments are mostly tongue in cheek, but I do prefer them over other handguns mostly because they feel good in my hand and I shoot better than with others. I'm far from an expert and just recently started looking at the innards much the same way as you described above. I really like that you noticed those misalignment issues...I'm going to check my also.

As far as changing springs, that may be next on the list. The ghost connector on our G42 and 43 made a difference in trigger feel, but overall it is not as perfect as it could be.

I'm anal at times bordering OCD...lol. I get home and tear into my guns to see what makes them tick. The design is so simple, it's a wonder I haven't wore the pin hole tolerances. They may be seen as polymer, but the design incorporated into their blow-molds, is very well thought out.

When you take off the upper slide, whatever the "tit" is on the trigger bar, push forward on that. Not till it resets the safety, then let go. It "should" move all the way back in full range without binding. If it stops mid way, look to the rear of the trigger bar for out of alignment.

By the way, I wipe off all lubricants before doing the above. ;)

I've no problem upgrading for the better, but to me there are a lot of imposters out there making selecting wisely, difficult.

Just ordered a G40 MOS this morning. Hopefully I will have it this saturday. I'm trying to decide on a red dot for it, either anot her vortex venom or its bigger brother the razor. What's a good drop in trigger that will give me a nice 3-3.5lb pull?

Just ordered a G40 MOS this morning. Hopefully I will have it this saturday. I'm trying to decide on a red dot for it, either anot her vortex venom or its bigger brother the razor. What's a good drop in trigger that will give me a nice 3-3.5lb pull?
I've been looking at the reviews for the McNally Trigger, but cannot seem to find any contact info from their site. Last time I tried their "contact us" form I got an error message. Check their videos here:
<broken link removed>

I've been looking at the reviews for the McNally Trigger, but cannot seem to find any contact info from their site. Last time I tried their "contact us" form I got an error message. Check their videos here:
<broken link removed>
No offense, don't waste your cash. $160.00? The only thing different in that trigger, compared to stock, is a tiny hex recessed screw that adjusts the distance of the trigger safety lever to the back of the trigger well.

If I wanted to adjust the trigger safety, I would drill/tap myself, or make a new safety bar for less than a quarter dollar. Aluminum even. Sorry for the negative vibes.

How is the red dot attached? Did you have the slide milled or drilled?
It's Glock's new MOS (Modular Optic System)...the gun comes with (I think 3-mounts) and a cover plate to fill the milled area and/or fit up with some more common red-dot sights.

Thanks. In hindsight, I think the +$50 is well worth it when considering the extra mounts. Unfortunately I was stuck on the grey color. Maybe my wife will dig the 34 enough to get her own...MOS version :D

Certainly cheaper than having it done after the fact, and you at least have options straight from the factory to use several different sights, instead of being stuck with just one - like the Suarez option.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top