JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...is a process.

I bought a Glock 22 about 20 years ago because of the light weight, high capacity, simplicity, rounded edges, and it's overall great design for a carry gun. Then I sold it because I hated the trigger, overall feel and balance, and bought a Les Baer 1911 and never looked back. Until Now. The availability of aftermarket parts caused me to look again. I have been watching Gunbroker for some time for just the right piece, and I think I found it.

I bought another Glock 22, used with most of the custom work done: Hard chrome slide with ball mill cuts along the top, front serrations, and lightening cuts. Titanium Nitride coated barrel, Chrome extended slide stop lever, full grip reduction with agressive stippling, and an undercut trigger guard. Don't you love letting someone else pay for expensive custom work?

I took it to the range and shot it side by side with a new (to me) Browning Hi Power that Cylinder and Slide had redone the trigger, safety, hammer, and sights on. The Glock still had a crappy stock trigger (8.5 pounds!) and I still couldn't hit very well with it.

The group on the top is the Browning, and the group below is the Glock (first time I'd fired either gun)

But, the stippling and slide lightening really improved recoil control and the speed of shots, as well as making it balance and feel better in the hand. I just needed to address that trigger.

So, I recently picked up the Pyramid trigger from the Glock Store. Full assembly with new firing pin plunger, Titanium Nitrided coated as well, and installed it with the 2lb spring provided, and boy is it sweet. The new assembly improved the pre-travel, over-travel, and reduced reset length. According to my gauge, the trigger breaks now at 3.75lbs.

I just put it in today, and plan to hit the range tomorrow to try out this hot rodded range gun that should make shooting a Glock fun... (instead of just practical)

FYI - The Glock (pre pyrmamid trigger) and the Browning HP from the day the targets were shot

3f5d8219-6397-4088-871b-9f7c7331b8a6_zpsdfa4f40f.jpg d5a6a8a1-06f6-4888-a502-30da5a54bf1e_zps7e869557.jpg 39c3e21f-9a9a-4456-ba45-9a865736743a_zpsbf26d2ca.jpg

Actually a stock Glock is 5.5 lbs, if it had 8.5lbs it has been modified.

I run a 8lb trigger in my G19, and have no problem with it.

Certainly possible. The original owner may have put a heavier spring in it. It measured at 8.5. Glock claims a 5.5lb pull, but when you put the gauge on them they are anywhere from 5.5 to 6.5lbs. An 8lb pull can make sense for a defense gun, but this one is purely for fun.

I tried it out at the range, and my groups at distance really improved. Also, double taps and fast target transitions are super smooth and accurate as well. I just wanted to make a really nice range gun that was fun to shoot, and for that, this Glock is perfect. YMMV

I love how Glock owners always have to say how much they love them. It never fails to see a new thread about how good my glock is. We got it already, they are the best. Inferior. Much better than anything ever thought of or made, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have anything against them. I don't own one and probably never will, but that's my opinion.

I love how Glock owners always have to say how much they love them. It never fails to see a new thread about how good my glock is. We got it already, they are the best. Inferior. Much better than anything ever thought of or made, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have anything against them. I don't own one and probably never will, but that's my opinion.

People like talking about things they 're interested in. That's why there are firearm message boards.

I love how Glock owners always have to say how much they love them. It never fails to see a new thread about how good my glock is. We got it already, they are the best. Inferior. Much better than Ianything ever thought of or made, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have anything against them. I don't own one and probably never will, but that's my opinion.

Right, because nobody else ever stalks about how they love their 1911, or FNH, Or Beretta.....etc...

No single gun is perfect for everyone. Glock just happens to have a reliability record that is the envy of many gun manufacturers. Not sure why folks have a problem with that.

Right, because nobody else ever stalks about how they love their 1911, or FNH, Or Beretta.....etc...

No single gun is perfect for everyone. Glock just happens to have a reliability record that is the envy of many gun manufacturers. Not sure why folks have a problem with that.

When did 1911 become a brand?

2qxrsjk.jpg

I do have 3 things against them. Actually, make that 7:

1. They lack manual safeties
2. They can ONLY be field-stripped by pulling the trigger - in direct violation of the 4 rules.
3. The profits go to a non-American company. If you are not patriotic when it comes to guns, when exactly are you patriotic?
4. They are ugly.
5. They have a weird grip angle.
6. Everybody and his sister has them, to the point of being "Toyota Camry" of the handgun world
7. Their owners are usually boring mall ninjas that lack the sense of humor.

Other than that, they are fine pistols. :p

In response to Post #17. I do drive a Camry. How did you know? Haha
Nice Glock and Hi-Power. Wonder how you would do if you dropped in a 40 to 9mm conversion barrel on the G22?
May God bless us all,
Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews