JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread has me curious. Checked my carry gun, came factory with a "dot" connector. Will have to see just how my others, especially my 17L are set up. Great post!

This thread has me curious. Checked my carry gun, came factory with a "dot" connector. Will have to see just how my others, especially my 17L are set up. Great post!
I have a dot connector in my G20.
It's a good connector and some like it better than the minus.
With some spring changeouts you can get the trigger pull easily under 3lbs using the dot.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQI5BYjHj3fgDF_GBGSCosEVGZgvcA1U4ol9Fm89O2nVhIsJw7K.jpg

Makes me wonder, on the other side, if anyone has even SEEN a plus connector, much less shot one. Maybe NYPD???
Not wanted.
The standard connector is perfect for someone wanting a little stouter pull.
The NY 8# and 12# triggers are for depts. that require them.
These use the special NY trigger springs as well.

In update, all my Glocks, save for my 17L and 22C, both 3rd gen, have dot connectors, where the other two have a minus. All others are 4th/5th gen. Anyone have any insight as to why? I'd love to hear from those more knowledgeable than myself

Makes me wonder, on the other side, if anyone has even SEEN a plus connector, much less shot one. Maybe NYPD???

I've seen them. Unless you like a double action feel or shoot like a CAG operator, they're trash.

I'm still looking for my parts catalog from Glock to see if I can get the minus connectors. I've moved recently so there's crap everywhere.

In update, all my Glocks, save for my 17L and 22C, both 3rd gen, have dot connectors, where the other two have a minus. All others are 4th/5th gen. Anyone have any insight as to why? I'd love to hear from those more knowledgeable than myself
My G20 Gen 4 had a dot
Seems like the dot is getting shipped more more than the standard (unmarked) these days.
The 17L and 22C could possibly be comp guns, so that's probably why they shipped with the minus.

Yeah they aren't cheap, I've bought three so far and I can't believe I've spent close to sixty bucks.
I will say this though, when it comes to improving things and adding parts to my carry guns, I like to stick with factory parts. That way I know it's OEM spec.

I do like my Glock 19 and 23 triggers much better now. I also run the smooth triggers, don't really care for the grooved ones, the trigger safety is annoying enough as it is and the grooves just add to it. I should also mention that I've done the 25 cent polish job to the internals as well.

Back before Glocks became a fanboy sport (;)), and minus connectors were readily available, some of us would drop minus connectors in with the lighter of the two NY springs. It gave a much better feeling trigger pull at roughly the same factory pull weight.

This was before much of the cottage industry of Glock aftermarket parts existed.

Back before Glocks became a fanboy sport (;)), and minus connectors were readily available, some of us would drop minus connectors in with the lighter of the two NY springs. It gave a much better feeling trigger pull at roughly the same factory pull weight.

Makes it feel somewhat like a DAO revolver. My house gun has this setup.
Just prefer DAO for SD handguns.

Then there's the whole issue of carry guns or HD guns that have been modified... lawyer attacks after you shoot. I'm not real big on worrying about that but...

I would think that if the shoot was questionable enough that the trigger becomes the deciding factor, it wasn't a good shoot to begin with. Of course, I'm not a lawyer so I can't say how often it really comes up

I would think that if the shoot was questionable enough that the trigger becomes the deciding factor, it wasn't a good shoot to begin with. Of course, I'm not a lawyer so I can't say how often it really comes up

I don't know how often either... just that there have been a lot of posts repeating warnings from "expert" sources that civil suits after a defense shoot will include an attack from the opposing lawyer that you have evil intent because you used a firearm that has been modified to be more deadly. :rolleyes:

Then there's the whole issue of carry guns or HD guns that have been modified... lawyer attacks after you shoot. I'm not real big on worrying about that but...
"Minus Connector" is an OEM part.
Adding the Minus connector will get you to about 4.5# pull weight with no other changes.
Not radical by any stretch.

Just don't use "Bang You're Dead" branded ammo and no "Smile When You See The Flash" engraving on your defense weapon.

Yeah, I was wondering about the NY spring with dot connector, would that be considered an ill intentioned mod?
Absolutely not.
A cop might be running that very setup.
The NY spring was meant to approximate a double action revolver trigger pull.
Two versions: NY1 = 8# NY2= 12#
Very conservative setup.

The "Dot" connector falls between Standard and Minus.

This was before much of the cottage industry of Glock aftermarket parts existed.

That combo was indeed the trick setup back in the day. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads