JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So quick question for you folks, I have a pistol caliber rifle (9mm) that takes Glock 17 mags, when I look at the mags, they look different, like the silver plate at the aft part of the mag is wider than the G17 mags I have. I thought 17's and 19's are the same mags. I am not a Glock expert so I am calling on all you folks for some help. I have not tried to cycle any rounds throught but I was under the impression that all Glock Mags were considered pretty equal.

There were four different generations of mags. The first did not drop free and were not fully metal lined. There a quite a few differances between the generations. And then there are the aftermarket copies.....

Maybe this will help

mag-gens.jpg

mag-gens.jpg

Gen4 Glock 17 mags are the current production and will fit in all generation Glock pistols as well as your carbine. Stay away from the aftermarket mags and while youre at it, pick up some 33 rounders.....the prices are back to normal for now.

Glock 17 magazines carry 17 rounds and longer than Glock 19 magazines, which only carry 15 rounds.

Also, :s0122:
Pics don't show the actual gap unless I would use calipers (sp) and not going to buy a pair to post pics on here. I do have 2 33's that work fine, and a 10 round. I have a gen 4 G 17, but scared to cycle the rifle with the gen 4's cause of the slight difference I can see in the mags. Thanks waglockfan, good post for me.