Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glock Mags

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by tacticalgunner, Dec 9, 2013.

1. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner Wilsonville The Man, The Myth, The Legend Bronze Supporter

So quick question for you folks, I have a pistol caliber rifle (9mm) that takes Glock 17 mags, when I look at the mags, they look different, like the silver plate at the aft part of the mag is wider than the G17 mags I have. I thought 17's and 19's are the same mags. I am not a Glock expert so I am calling on all you folks for some help. I have not tried to cycle any rounds throught but I was under the impression that all Glock Mags were considered pretty equal.

2. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Glock 17 mags will fit into a Glock 19. Also, are both Glock factory magazines, or one of the Korean imports?

3. So Low 2

So Low 2 Eugene, Oregon Member

There were four different generations of mags. The first did not drop free and were not fully metal lined. There a quite a few differances between the generations. And then there are the aftermarket copies.....

4. tacticalgunner

all are glock mags. I am just wondering if my Gen 4 G17 will cycle with the rifle

5. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

name the Long Arm, that will help...

philip

6. tacticalgunner

JRC 9MM

7. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Glock 17 magazines carry 17 rounds and longer than Glock 19 magazines, which only carry 15 rounds.

Also, :needpics:

8. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

As long as you left the magazine release on the stock (left) side of the grip you should be able to use earlier generation Glock magazines. If you moved the magazine release to the right side of the grip then you'll need Gen 4 magazines.

9. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Maybe this will help

mag-gens.jpg

mag-gens.jpg

10. waglockfan

waglockfan Puget Sound Well-Known Member

Gen4 Glock 17 mags are the current production and will fit in all generation Glock pistols as well as your carbine. Stay away from the aftermarket mags and while youre at it, pick up some 33 rounders.....the prices are back to normal for now.

11. tacticalgunner

Pics don't show the actual gap unless I would use calipers (sp) and not going to buy a pair to post pics on here. I do have 2 33's that work fine, and a 10 round. I have a gen 4 G 17, but scared to cycle the rifle with the gen 4's cause of the slight difference I can see in the mags. Thanks waglockfan, good post for me.

12. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer