JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally after two years I swapped the magwell in my PCC to the Glock style to try a couple cheepee CDNN 30 round glock mags I had since I owned my S2K.

The mags fit and manually cycle very smoothly so I don't expect any problems in actual firing.

The only problem is these mags are not to Glock 'Specs' and have a little looseness and can be pushed forward more than what is acceptable. They have stamped 'ribs' on the sides and the rear designed to fill the gap in the magwell but none on the front so they can be pushed forward more than I am comfortable with but I have a fix for this.

IMG_2519[1].JPG

Whats the fix?
Did l miss it?
Nope!

The fix was the 'fuzzy' side of a piece of peel & stick Velcro on the front of the mag at the point where it is inside the magwell.

Major adhesion to the mag and it fills the gap nicely with almost no movement now!

IMG_2521[1].JPG

The whole point of using the Glock magwell is to well, use real Glock happy sticks. Props to you for using Velcro though.

I realize this however but even the stock RUGER SR9 mag that came with the rifle is equally as loose as the aftermarket glock mags.

Unfortunately after my 'fix' I was having trouble with the mags in that they were having trouble accepting more than 13 or so rounds and not stacking properly and getting rounds jammed.

I Seem to recall having similar problems when I first got these mags for my then S2K but thought I had gotten them fully loaded.

I took them apart and didn't really see any issue with them but no matter. I put the Ruger magwell back in and will continue to use the SR9 mag and probably get another one or two. I don't really care for the length of the 30 rounders and how far they stick out anyway.

I may soon be offering two aftermarket Glock sticks in trade for one Ruger mag to anybody who would like to mess with them and maybe get them to function!

I bought one of these when you still had to order them to get one so it's early. The first thing I found is the OEM Glock mags had a shocking amount of play in there. I tried and could not get the rifle to choke so never bothered to try to do anything. Soon after these hit another poster said his Smith fixed this with a few strokes from a file but no idea what he did. Since they have just worked I never bothered to take the adapter out and play with it. When I put the SR mag that came with it, into the mag well for it, that one has a lot of play too but, never have had it in the rifle to try.

Slop is fine.

Remember, magazines in a pistol have full length support, so you wouldn't even know if it was sloppy. In the short magazine well in a carbine, most of the magazine is unsupported. As long as it doesn't fall out and it feeds okay, you're in business.

If it's an issue, forego the happy sticks, and use a G-19 mag and save the high cap magazines for the mall ninja BBQ.:s0155:

InkedP1020985_LI.jpg

InkedP1020986_LI.jpg

P1020987.JPG

Last Edited:
Not really an issue.
mine do it too. The longer the Mag the more play appears.

33's and drums still shoot great.

Not really an issue.
mine do it too. The longer the Mag the more play appears.

33's and drums still shoot great.
Which one's (drums) did you try? I have long been wanting to buy a couple of those but they were pricey and always got very mixed reviews. Of course with the panic going on not going to buy one now but, when this one ends will be again tempted to try. Damn things would be fun to play with.
I have been wanting to try to shim the mag or well in the AR pistol I built a while back. It feeds like a champ with the 17 round mags but will not work with the happy sticks. I found the problem is the recoil is moving the stick around back and forth enough to make it jam. If I hold it in place the happy sticks of course work. Need to shim so figured would probably try the same kind of shim idea the OP used but shim the mag well to take the slop out of that one.

I have mine running both glock and mostly ETS mags in 31 to 40 round capacity as well as both brands extended to 47 and 57 rounds total load and have had zero issues. all using the glock mag well.
One thing I did learn early on, was if to slam home a totally stuff full all day lollipop on a closed bolt, you can raise to onboard ejector which is on the magwell adaptor...hence the occasional stove pipe.

I realize this however but even the stock RUGER SR9 mag that came with the rifle is equally as loose as the aftermarket glock mags.

Unfortunately after my 'fix' I was having trouble with the mags in that they were having trouble accepting more than 13 or so rounds and not stacking properly and getting rounds jammed.

I Seem to recall having similar problems when I first got these mags for my then S2K but thought I had gotten them fully loaded.

I took them apart and didn't really see any issue with them but no matter. I put the Ruger magwell back in and will continue to use the SR9 mag and probably get another one or two. I don't really care for the length of the 30 rounders and how far they stick out anyway.

I may soon be offering two aftermarket Glock sticks in trade for one Ruger mag to anybody who would like to mess with them and maybe get them to function!
You'd need new springs to fix the 30 round magazines. To me that isn't worth it, 17 round glock mags are fine for me.

Slop itself is fine though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads