JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So tonight I looked at a 40c M&P I liked it but don't know much I would like to here ppls thoughs on it or m&p I had mine mind set on a glock g27 but was showed the M&P and really liked the feel but don't know much on them and there wasn't much of a price difference so was wonder if any one has shot both brands and which they liked more and why

I own several full size handguns including Glocks. Until I got my M&P 9c I had not found a compact I liked including the Glock compacts.

I have carried my M&Pc for almost 2 years now and could not be happier. I feel it fits my hand well. Easily controllable. Easy to carry. I can not say enough good things about mine.

Great topic...I've owned both GLOCK & S&W M&P. All I can say is, "Either manufacturer you choose is a no-lose pick". A few differences are: Glock finish is Tenifer rated @ 64 Rockwell, while M&P finish is Melonite rated @ 68. For comparison a diamond is rated @ 70 Rockwell. Glock parts are somewhat cheaper and you can find them everywhere due to longevity of popularity. S&W M&P parts are more expensive but not so much more it's going to hurt your pocket. As for comfort, I went a totally different route only because I have huge hands and had some extra money...alas I bought a kimber 1911 & haven't looked back! :s0155:

But in all seriousness, GLOCK & S&W M&P there is no distinct superior winner. I do however, believe S&W is gaining a massive fan base due to their new enginuity concerning the removable/adjustable palm swells. Custom fit = comfort = better shooting. And I can note that my glock showed massive slide wear compared to my M&P, but I could've got a lemon too...

Hope this helps.

I don't know if thats directed at me in a bad way- but only selling cuz switching to 9mm. I can post ya a pic if ya want.

It was directed at the OP. He is looking for an M&P 40c. That is a WTS ad for an M&P 40c in OR (did not realize it was your post). One person looking, one person selling..........

I have handled both and still prefer the Glock over the M&P. The M&P is better looking, but the Glock is "bet your life on it" reliable.

Thats what I read... and also read the XD(m) is as reliable as the Glock. The glock trigger is proven, which is why I was comparing against XD because they both have simular trigger feel/travel. I ruled out the M&P because of how the trigger felt in comparison but I guess thats personal preference. I prefer short/smooth pull. Not too talk up the XDM too much just because I am getting one but it also comes with 3 back straps ;) and a holster, mag holter and a pretty rad case

The M&P in my opinion has a more natural fit to hand, has a better second shot attainment and is as reliable IMHO. Never read much about the M&P not being reliable and have owned four over the years and never had an issue, why it is my cc pistol. I bet my life on the M&P as it is the pistol I chose to carry.

If you are comparing the G27 to the M&P .40c for comfort i would go for the M&P I have a g27 and i dont ever shoot it cause its just not very fun to shoot, but i keep it as a gun for my Go bag... i do own a M&P .45c and do plan on getting the .40c soon.. the triggers on the M&P is amazing i think

If you are comparing the G27 to the M&P .40c for comfort i would go for the M&P I have a g27 and i dont ever shoot it cause its just not very fun to shoot, but i keep it as a gun for my Go bag... i do own a M&P .45c and do plan on getting the .40c soon.. the triggers on the M&P is amazing i think

will you be changing you name to sortaglockguy?
get the glock 23 NOT 27. Close to the same size but easier the shoot and just as easy to CC.

Just put this in another thread
My son has shot glocks forever and he decide on an XD,until his buddy and him went shooting to try guns to buy a gun
His buddy bought the M&P and he wants one now.Really like it.

I haven't tried the Smith yet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads