JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, so a while back I accidentally won this Glock 24 in .40S&w. Posted it and some people got carried away. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/general-firearm-discussion/146965-accidentally-bought-glock.html Anyway, thought it would only be fair if I gave a little review of the little bastard.

Full disclosure, I'm an XDM guy, hate Glocks, always have, they just don't feel right in my hand. Not saying they suck, obviously they are doing something right, but I just never liked the way the felt when I gripped them.

Never doubted Glock reliability, but always felt that the XDm had the same reliability with better ergonomics. Admittedly, these feelings were based off of what I had read and what I had felt when I held a Glock in my own hands, having never really shot won on my own (save for a few rounds now and then at the range with a friend who let me shoot a mag, not enough to really get a fair read).

Let's just say that I stacked the deck, wanting to hate this gun and just trade it for something else. Took it straight from the ffl transferer to the range, took it apart to make sure it wouldn't blow up in my hand but no cleaning or primping, and bought whatever ammo I could get on the way.

Initial thoughts prior to shooting: (remember the bias)
It feels more plastic than my XD, just more like a toy. The trigger feels very mechanical/clumpy/lose. It clicks predictably, but feels like something broke every time I dry fire it, not like the XDm. Little over travel, but shorter reset than expected. The sights seemed to line up fairly naturally, didn't notice a huge difference in angle from the XD. Surprisingly, felt pretty good in my hand. Not sure what version this is, assume 3 or 4, but felt way better than any Glock I'd held before.

And have to say that take down and cleaning would be a wash for the two. Both are very easy.

Bang-Bang report:
So, I guess this is what really matters, how did it shoot? Hate to say it, but this little sucker shot very well. Though I will say it took some adjustment on my part. At 50ft, the longest my indoor range allows, I shot a ten shot mag. First shot, three left two down (inches). Second, three right two down. The last eight were in the three inch center range. And the following mags got better as I

Noticed that it is important with this gun to pull all the way back on your trigger pull, not just until click/bang. Same with most things you just have to find the sweet spot. I wanted to hate this gun, as any Ford lover who had received a passed down Chevy wanted it to suck, but when it didn't they just had to admit it.

The gun is still ugly as sin (as any Glock should be), but have to say, the damned thing works. And it works really good.

Better than an XDm?

Honestly, I think they are dead even. The shooter is the last and most important variable.

That being said, I think either is a fine choice, when it comes down to it.

Doesnt mean you can't still hate them! Or, better, hate their defenders for being so opinionated, judgmental, and just plain mean spirited! Completly the oposite of 1911 owners, who are warm, careing, humble folks!

Are you going to keep it?

2djz155.jpg

I think with a custom trigger and spring kit and a good set of sights this thing could be extremely accurate. Really like the long slide. Gives a longer sight radius and seems to reduce barrel rise making it easier for follow up shots. It could be a great competition gun.

It's not so good that I am going to replace my XD's, but really impressed me. Enough so that I am going to keep it.

Still like the Springfield better, but can absolutely see why Glock folks are so dedicated/obsessed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top