Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glock guy buys his first M&P.....

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by stmcelroy, Feb 11, 2011.

1. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Long time Glock guy with way too many mags and accessories, but have been toying with trying a M&P for years.

The other day I purchased a Silencerco Osprey in .45 and had intended to shoot it on my Glock 21SF, but my Coctailer had a M&P in .45 with the standard and threaded barrel for $560 OTD. So as of today I am the owner of a M&P in .45acp. icon_smile_wink.gif

I can't believe how thin the grip is, even smaller feeling than my Glock 17's and much smaller than my beloved 21SF.

At this time i don't like the trigger at all compared to the Glock's, but hopefully it will wear in a bit or I'll replace parts with Apex stuff.

Hoping to get out and shoot it and my 21SF side by side on Sunday, plus need to sight in my Kel-tec RFB.

Here's a quick picture taken on my HTC EVO with the Osprey icon_smile_big.gif

IMAG0262.jpg

2. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

i was like WTF why did someone make a post about me Buying an M&P .45 lol... I just bout one as well but the .45c... still have yet to shoot it tho:)

3. stmcelroy

:laugh:

Too funny. I can see a few extra Glock's finding homes and being replaced by another M&P or two.

4. glockguy

ohh i love my glocks... iv got 3:)

5. stmcelroy

I've got 6 right now.....

6. I love my Glock, but I only own the one. I really want an M&P in 9MM. They just feel so nice in my hand.

7. Will

Will Everett Active Member

I never got use to Glock, I tried as I truly wanted a lighter pistol to carry. I bought a FNP-40 and like it then I found the M&P 45 and had my carry pistol needs covered. Going on seven years and now own 3 M&P's.

8. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

stmcelroy,

Did you do the trust thing for you silencer or did the Clark County Sheriff sign-off on the personal part of the form?

Thanks,

PB

9. stmcelroy

I did a trust. Didn't want to mess with sign off, plus wanted my wife to be able to have access to everything in the safe if needed.

ETA: This is my 3rd item being transferred into the trust, one per year is my goal.

10. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Nice choice on the M&P. I was eyeballing that one at the gun show last weekend. Glocks just don't fit my hand, but the M&P feels like it was meant to be there. Unfortunately, I am a bonehead and sold mine. That's the one that got away. I just haven't dug up the cash yet to buy another one.

11. glockguy

I plan on buying the .40c next

12. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

I did the sheriff sign off here in Vancouver.
    I dropped it off one day and picked it up the next morning.
    Fast and easy.

13. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

AWWww I thought it was a joke...

14. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Thank you! I was wondering if I could do it. I don't really want my wife accessing my toys! ;)

Now we just need to get the law changed - I just want a silencer for my backyard shooting.

15. stmcelroy

I don't really worry about my wife getting into my toys, plus a safe can be used to store papers and jewelry that she may want or need access too.

16. beavernation1

beavernation1 Salem Member

I was looking for a M&P 40 the other day and ended buying a Glock 32. i have had a few Glock 23's and liked them and my buddy didn't have the M&P in stock which I have been dying to shoot. Just my luck....I go back into his shop today and he has a new M&P 40 std and compact...grrrrr. $489 OTD....think I may trade the 32 back in for the compact and give it a try.:huh:

17. nubus

nubus Guest

@ stmcelroy... dibs on your 21SF. :laugh:

18. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

I'm with you brother; I just can't get enough of Gaston's wunderwaffen.

19. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

I'm with you brother; I just can't get enough of Gaston's wunderwaffen.

20. stmcelroy

Not a chance.;)

I still love my Glock's and have plenty, just time to try a little more variety.:thumbup: