Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glock G17 Gen2 value?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by bogeycentral, Jan 3, 2016.

1. bogeycentral

bogeycentral Central Oregon Member

Been thinking of picking up something just to carry out hiking or toss in the car as a beater. Buddy is selling a G17 gen2 and it has a few upgrades like a tungsten rod, upgraded trigger and night sights. It's been used, night sights are faded and accuracy isn't best, but maybe sights got moved around somehow. Haven't looked at firearms and pricing since getting rid of all mine a couple years back, since no use for them. Kicking the idea around now, but he wants $175 for the pistol. Not sure where the price falls in line, but thinking it is a bit on the high side for such an old used pistol. My best guess is somewhere around $125-140 or so for it. What do you guys think on his pricing or just pass on it?

2. BWH

BWH Tualatin, Oregon Active Member

I cannot/will not put a market value on it, that said...I have the same weapon. got it well used from an LEO connection. mine has in excess of 8000 rds thru it and it functions flawlessly, eats anything I feed it. I was at 400 with 500rds of better ammo and 5 mags with it and feel I didn't get stung at all. I don't treat her like a beater/used up chunk of steel at all.
    I think your friend is offering you a very sweet price and I would be all over that like a hobo on a ham samich. You do see the Gen 2 listed at time iirc they list from 350ish and up.
    You need to go acquire it!

CES07 likes this.
  3. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

$175 is a screamin' deal. Keith's does Gen 2 police trade-ins for $350-$375 retail.

4. Bigbaddude

Bigbaddude West linn Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If you don't like it I will give you $200 for it.

5. ConcreteJungle

ConcreteJungle Eugene Well-Known Member

:s0167:

6. farpolemiddle

farpolemiddle Portland Member

This has to be trolling or bragging ;)

ogre likes this.
  7. bogeycentral

It isn't trolling or bragging at all. I just don't follow gun prices and figured something so old and well used can't be worth much. Glad I found out it is a good deal, but still on the fence.

8. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Three magic beans. If he's really strapped for cash, maybe two. What are buddies for?
    lol

9. bogeycentral

Buddies are for helping you out when in a bind or being a great wingman. Wish I kept some of my firearms. Gave most of them away, but goodwill is more important than making a quick buck.

10. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

175 is a screamin deal

though i own a gen 3 glock, i do however, really like the non finger grooves of the gen 1 and 2 frames.