JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Folks,
In my attempt to assemble my Glock-ish Lone Wolf build, I have nuked the firing pin liner. I am stuck until I get a replacement, though I was able to extract the buckled liner. If anyone has a line on one in SW Portland (Tigard/Beaverton specifically), I would greatly appreciate it. I tried NW Armory and they were not aware of anyone local so I though I might try the crowd-source route. I would happily grab one off the internet, but $5 shipping for a $3 part seems silly.

Thanks,
Matt

Buy a few extra springs and pieces to justify the shipping. That way next time ( there's always a next time) you have them and can come to terms with the $5 shipping.
Either that or call gunsmiths.

If you have a wide assortment of hardware sitting around, you can just use a (I think it's 5/16?) lag bolt or screw to remove one. And if you buy two channel liners (so you always have an extra on hand...hint hint), you can use the extra channel liner to push in the new one.

If you do a lot of those things, the tool is great, but you can jerry-rig tools if you are only doing this once.

Buy a few extra springs and pieces to justify the shipping. That way next time ( there's always a next time) you have them and can come to terms with the $5 shipping.
Either that or call gunsmiths.
Learned long ago about about small pieces and anything that goes boing.
Another awesome thing about Glocks.
You can have an assortment of parts handy without breaking the bank.
Plus a lot of them are interchangeable with other models.

We had Earl the Glock Armorer from the gun show living in Vancouver. He got me out of a jam or 2 in my less prepared days.
But he has moved north.
Good guy. I'm sure I will miss him.
I thought I had an extra glock cause I'm slow at reloading. Just grab the next one.

Hi Gents,
Just to close the loop on this, I ended up ordering various spares from lone wolf. For any future searchers of glock parts in Portland, I was not able to find any.

Thanks,
Matt

And to better close this loop, I want to talk about being a Glock Armorer. I haven't done it yet, myself, but I'd really like to. I'm a member of Glock Sport Shooting Foundation, which has some local shoots each year. The biggest benefit is that, for a $25 membership each year I get a Glock Pistol Purchase coupon, which gets me $80-100 off a new pistol...EVERY year.

GSSF membership also gives you access to take a Glock armorer's course. Once you have successfully taken that class, you can purchase parts for just a fraction of the cost of retail parts like you find at LWD. Just a thought.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top