Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glock Firing Pin Channel Liner in SW Portland Area?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by notford, May 7, 2016.

1. notford

notford Portland New Member

Hi Folks,
    In my attempt to assemble my Glock-ish Lone Wolf build, I have nuked the firing pin liner. I am stuck until I get a replacement, though I was able to extract the buckled liner. If anyone has a line on one in SW Portland (Tigard/Beaverton specifically), I would greatly appreciate it. I tried NW Armory and they were not aware of anyone local so I though I might try the crowd-source route. I would happily grab one off the internet, but $5 shipping for a $3 part seems silly.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Buy a few extra springs and pieces to justify the shipping. That way next time ( there's always a next time) you have them and can come to terms with the $5 shipping.
    Either that or call gunsmiths.

misterarman likes this.
  3. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I have not found anyone in Portland who sells glock parts. I think you are stuck ordering it. Get a channel liner install tool at the same time. Worth it

4. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

If you have a wide assortment of hardware sitting around, you can just use a (I think it's 5/16?) lag bolt or screw to remove one. And if you buy two channel liners (so you always have an extra on hand...hint hint), you can use the extra channel liner to push in the new one.

If you do a lot of those things, the tool is great, but you can jerry-rig tools if you are only doing this once.

5. misterarman

misterarman Vancouver,Wa. USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Learned long ago about about small pieces and anything that goes boing.
    Another awesome thing about Glocks.
    You can have an assortment of parts handy without breaking the bank.
    Plus a lot of them are interchangeable with other models.

6. CHLChris

I have every single replacement part for my Glocks, including the different parts for 9mm and 40. I don't have spare locking blocks, but that is why you buy extra guns!

Stomper likes this.
  7. misterarman

misterarman Vancouver,Wa. USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

We had Earl the Glock Armorer from the gun show living in Vancouver. He got me out of a jam or 2 in my less prepared days.
    But he has moved north.
    Good guy. I'm sure I will miss him.
    I thought I had an extra glock cause I'm slow at reloading. Just grab the next one.

8. notford

notford Portland New Member

Hi Gents,
    Just to close the loop on this, I ended up ordering various spares from lone wolf. For any future searchers of glock parts in Portland, I was not able to find any.

Thanks,
    Matt

Stomper likes this.
  9. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Excellent follow-through Matt

10. CHLChris

And to better close this loop, I want to talk about being a Glock Armorer. I haven't done it yet, myself, but I'd really like to. I'm a member of Glock Sport Shooting Foundation, which has some local shoots each year. The biggest benefit is that, for a $25 membership each year I get a Glock Pistol Purchase coupon, which gets me $80-100 off a new pistol...EVERY year.

GSSF membership also gives you access to take a Glock armorer's course. Once you have successfully taken that class, you can purchase parts for just a fraction of the cost of retail parts like you find at LWD. Just a thought.

misterarman likes this.