JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have been wanting to install a, Glock extended mag catch for my 23. Im thinking about going lone wolf, maybe a different competition one. I have watched multiple videos on "how to do it", I also have read about how to do it. All I have to do is lift up on that little rod slide it left, and out of the U shaped cut. My question is
Has anybody had trouble with it, doing it their self?
Do I have to take all the parts out of the frame first?
Once I lift the rod & remove the mag catch, is there any way the rod could fall out? How easy is it to do this? :s0155:

EASY to do.

Pull off the slide. Look down the magazine hole from the top. See the
little wire? Get in behind it, pry sideways, pop out of the slot. I use a
little screwdriver, or more often the long skinny blade on my Schrade
Oldtimer pocket knife.

Slide the old release out, slide the new release in while holding the little wire
out of the way with the knife/whatever. While holding it in, pry the wire
over until it snaps into the slot.

No the wire won't fall out. If you ever break one, you will find out just what
a $#@^% it can be to get that broken end out!!

Takes LOTS longer to describe it than to do it.

FWIW, the extended "competition" Glock mag release that comes on the
34's and 35's is just the stock factory release from a large frame 20/21.

..... Do I have to take all the parts out of the frame first?....
No

..... Once I lift the rod & remove the mag catch, is there any way the rod could fall out?.....
No

..... How easy is it to do this?
Very.

I would just get the factory G20/21 mag catch as that is the factory extended model for the small framed Glocks. The pic below might help.
mag-catch-how-to.jpg

Is the spring bendy, so it should just slide right over?

or is it a "snap" like sound, when it's moved.

Do I have to get under the rod, then slide it over?

I just sorta tried & it wouldnt budge. I wasnt really under it though, I was just trying to slide it to the right.

The spring is very stiff so it will take a little effort to install the mag catch.

Hold the receiver in your left hand placing the tip of one finger on the back side of the mag catch. Reach in from the top of the receiver with a small blade screw driver(pic) and push the spring to the right toward the notch, as close to the mag catch as you can get. When you can see the end of the spring twist the screw driver, lifting the spring out of the notch and let the spring go. You should see the spring on the outside of the mag catch. Push the mag catch out and start the replacement back into the receiver, lift the end of the spring with the screw driver and finish pushing the new mag catch in place. Hold the catch in place with one finger and push the top of the spring with the screw driver back into the slot. Check that the catch moves freely under spring pressure and re-install the slide making sure the recoil g/rod is fully seated in the barrel lug.

:cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads