JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have read that Glock changed the barrel lugs on Gen 5 full size (G17, G34, etc) to match up with earlier Gen compact and sub compact barrel lugs. I do not have access to a Gen 5 barrel to confirm this. Has anybody tried installing a full size Gen 5 barrel in a Gen 3 G19 or G26 slide for example?

1672152301688.png

1672152654216.png

Last Edited:
I was unable to find a definitive answer as to whether a Gen 5 G17 barrel will fit and run in a Gen 3 or 4 G19 slide/frame combo. I am taking a gamble that it will and sent payment for a used but unfired G17 Gen 5 barrel. I have two different aftermarket G19 compatible slides to try it in. If it fits and runs in those slides, I will try running it in Gen 4 G23 slide.

The seller sent pics of the Gen 5 G17 barrel next to a Gen 5 G19 barrel and the lugs appeared to match up.

If this barrel works out I will probably order this Gen 5 aftermarket threaded barrel as well.

I'm going to try firing some live rounds with a gen 5 G17 barrel in a Gen 3 slide assy this weekend. If that goes well, I may also try the gen 5 G17 barrel in a gen 4 G23 slide assy.

I'm going to try firing some live rounds with a gen 5 G17 barrel in a Gen 3 slide assy this weekend. If that goes well, I may also try the gen 5 G17 barrel in a gen 4 G23 slide assy.
This is good to know. Been toying with the idea of trying to do a stupidly long slide on a 19 frame ala Nintendo blaster style.

This is good to know. Been toying with the idea of trying to do a stupidly long slide on a 19 frame ala Nintendo blaster style.
I've heard conflicting things on this. I wanted to run a 19 slide with a comp on a 17 or 34 frame. Even with all Gen 5 parts I have read that things have to be machined/filed to make it work.

I may be wrong though as I don't have a Gen 5 17 or 34 laying around to try. I have seen mock ups and ones that others have tinkered with to make work.

Barrels may fit but I'm not sure about slides locking up correctly.

IMG_2484.jpeg

Last Edited:
The Gen 5 G17 barrel fires just fine in Gen 3 slide. I had the slide mounted on a Gen 4 G23 frame and it still functioned fine.

I just fired off two mags of 9mm with Gen 5 G17 barrel mounted in Gen 4 G23 slide and G23 frame (40cal ejector). Ejection was weak but all rounds fired I had one stove pipe in each mag. The cases were flying straight up and dropping at my feet. Accuracy was minute of man at 7ish yards.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top