Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glock discount...what qualifies?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Kain, May 1, 2010.

1. Kain

Kain Vancouver, WA Member

I've done some digging around on this forum and elsewhere and can't seem to find an answer to my question.

Simply put, do either a Washington Unarmed Private Security card or Oregon DPSST Unarmed Professional card qualify me for the LEO/Fire/Security/EMS discount?

For bonus points, if it does, does anyone know a shop in SW Washington who are familiar with and participate in the deal?

2. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

I was told that there is some Glock shooting group or something similar that qualifies you for LE discounts. I know that's really vague but I do know there is something out there. Maybe someone else can help you more.

3. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

It's called the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF)

IIRC members qualify for a once a year purchase of any Glock at LE pricing.

http://www.gssfonline.com/

4. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

Yes, that was it. Thanks.

5. Kain

Well, that's great, but I've already got the security officer certifications, so I'm still hoping to find out if they'll cover me without having to pay for a membership to GSSF. Thanks for the info, though. Good to know.

6. smithmax

smithmax here Member

I bet Glock knows who qualifies, they would probably tell you if you called.

GLOCK, Inc.
    6000 Highlands Parkway
    Smyrna, GA 30082
    U.S.A.
    Tel.: +1 770 - 432 1202

7. Kain

Yeah, that's probably my best bet. I figured they were closed on the weekend, though, so thought I'd ask here while I waited. In any case, I'll let you all know what they end up telling me.

8. Kain

Well, I went into Brightwater Ventures yesterday and asked about this, and Nick says basically there's only one distributor in WA that does the discount, and they just happen to be a law enforcement only business.

9. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo Kitsap New Member

I cannot answer your question, but call the Glock Authorized Dealer, closest to you, from the attached list.

I bought two from the one in Seattle. I'm not LE, but am retired Navy.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  10. Schwabdl

Schwabdl Hillsboro Active Member

keiths in gresham participates in the program and transfers pistols to washington ffl call them and theyll tell ya what you need