JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I ended up with a Glock 33 in 357 sig. shoots pretty good and has some nice night sights on it. It fits the lady's hand pretty well. Only thing is I'm not sure I want to stock up on another ammo or try to get together brass and more primers to reload for it.. so I was thinking about converting it over to 9mm. Anybody here done this. I was reading that you just need a 9mm conversion barrel that'll fit with the slide and a 9mm magazine. Just wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with converting the 33 to 9mm.

I've personally done the .40cal to 9mm using conversion barrels. And my father in law has done the .357 sig to 9mm. Never had any issues. You're going to have people who are going to say you have to swap out extractors, other internals, blah blah blah. I never did that and they ran fine. Would I use a conversion gun as a daily carry? The answer is no. But as far as a range gun goes to shoot cheaper than heck yea.

So I ended up with a Glock 33 in 357 sig. shoots pretty good and has some nice night sights on it. It fits the lady's hand pretty well. Only thing is I'm not sure I want to stock up on another ammo or try to get together brass and more primers to reload for it.. so I was thinking about converting it over to 9mm. Anybody here done this. I was reading that you just need a 9mm conversion barrel that'll fit with the slide and a 9mm magazine. Just wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with converting the 33 to 9mm.
I have a Glock 22 with 9mm conversion barrel it works fine.

I have. Dropped in a Wolf 9mm barrel, bought 9mm mags and blew through 700-800 rounds. Works unbelievable!

:s0155:

Had a 23 at one point. Ran it more with a 9mm barrel than the 40 barrel. Never changed anything but the barrel and mags.

Is it a specific conversion barrel or just the g26 barrel?

Let me revoke my reply. I bought the Lone Wolf 9mm for my 32.

I read too fast and read your "Glock 33 in 357 sig" and my brain processed it as "32 in 357sig."

My deepest apologies.

Lone Wolf Distributors makes the conversion barrels.
Get some Microlon slide lube while you are there.
And if you like manuals, get the Glock Reference Guide too.

ETA:
I would use genuine Glock 9mm magazines as well.

All of my Glocks are 40/357s and have conversions to 9mm.

For easiest and most reliable conversion:

G17 mags
40-9 conversion barrel (I like Alpha Wolf)
G17 recoil

9mm trigger housing/ejector
I also like to keep an entire trigger group (minus connector, plus trigger spring, trigger bar) so I can just switch out the whole thing.

9mm extractor

Lots of folks out there say you can convert with only a barrel. Maybe. But I'm only talking about $50-60 more in parts to get it right.

I've converted a G23 to a G19. I have done just a barrel swap ( 40 to 9 conv. Barrel) and I've also changed out the internals. Also use the appropriate magazine. If you do a 9mm conv. Use Glock 19/17 mags. If you do a .40 con. use g23/22 mags etc.

If you plink with the converted pistol, you may have some issues do to low quality and underpowered ammo. But if you plan on carrying the converted postol for defense, I would use good quality ammo. Personally I'd use something like a +P to make sure everything cycles. I say this because my Alpha Wolf conversion barrel prefers +P to cycle flawlessly. If I use cheap plinking ammo, I'll have FTE issues at times. But I like having issues with cheap ammo because it allows me to practice my tap&rack tactical moves lol

Last Edited:
I've converted a G23 to a G19. I have done just a barrel swap ( 40 to 9 conv. Barrel) and I've also changed out the internals. Also use the appropriate magazine. If you do a 9mm conv. Use Gkock 19/17 mags. If you do a .40 con. use g23/22 mags etc.

If you plink with the converted pistol, you may have some issues do to low quality and underpowered ammo. But if you plan on carrying the converted postol for defense, I would use good quality ammo. Personally I'd use something like a +P to make sure everything cycles. I say this because my Alpha Wolf conversion barrel prefers +P to cycle flawlessly. If I use cheap plinking ammo, I'll have FTE issues at times. But I like having issues with cheap ammo because it allows me to practice my tap&tack tactical moves lol
The latest and best 9mm Glock ejector is #47021 (it is used in some Gen5's)
To get it you order TMH #47208. This trigger mechanism housing will contain the desired ejector.

You pull the 47021 out of the new TMH and insert in into your TMH.

Glock 9mm ejector development :

#336 - Early ejector used through Gen3
BTF - Brass to face common with this one

#30274 - The Gen4 ejector
Better than 336

#47021 - The Gen5 ejector
Best 9mm ejector to date

Pro Tip:
Some new old stock 19X TMH's shipped with #30274 ejector
Make sure to note to seller that you want ejector #47021

I have covered my G23 to a G19 by installing a conversion barrel only. Ran a box of 9mm through and experienced a couple of failure to eject to see what would happen. As you you can see in the photo the extractor on the left is a G23 and on the right is a G19x both factory stock. The G19 is bent a little. The extractors on my G26 9mm is bent and G27 40mm is straight

AB77F388-3182-4D99-B098-68CEBFFEE0D1.jpeg

I recently picked up a G23 and was planning on buying a 9mm conversion barrel. Since then I decided to limit spending so I am going to try aftermarket & factory 9mm barrels (G19 gen3 and G17 gen5 ) which I already have on hand.

It worked for this guy.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top