JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a handy tool. It is a short glock armorer's plate that goes on the back of the slide. It is short so you can see underneath it and see the sear engagement. Obviously, dont fire the gun with this in place.

<broken link removed>

clear_armorer_plate_on_gun.jpg

Digging up this old thread. I was looking through the build instructions for the version 2 and it is even easier than the version 1 I built a long time ago. The kit now has a metal front and rear rails where version 1 of the kit had polymer rear rails that you needed to machine out.

I'm surprised they can even call this an 80% since there is so little do do

1. 3 pin holes to drill with a hand drill

1.png

2. Cut off some extra plastic blocking the slide
2.png

3. Removed some plastic that blocks the spring, even has guide marks on where to cut
3.png

4. The trigger mechanism housing then slips into this metal part that has metal rails at the time
4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Digging up this old thread. I was looking through the build instructions for the version 2 and it is even easier than the version 1 I built a long time ago. The kit now has a metal front and rear rails where version 1 of the kit had polymer rear rails that you needed to machine out.

I'm surprised they can even call this an 80% since there is so little do do

1. 3 pin holes to drill with a hand drill

View attachment 506890

2. Cut off some extra plastic blocking the slide
View attachment 506891

3. Removed some plastic that blocks the spring, even has guide marks on where to cut
View attachment 506892

4. The trigger mechanism housing then slips into this metal part that has metal rails at the time
View attachment 506893

View attachment 506886 View attachment 506887 View attachment 506888

Now if only could could still by an upper for less than a new pistol!!!

check with @LuckySG he says he might be able to get glock kits at reasonable prices. He can also get the poly80 kits. Might be able to get a complete kit together.

Last time I priced them out a Polymer 80 V2 kit + a new upper was going to cost more than a new pistol. Of course, there are reasons to do this, just seems ridiculous to me when you can do the same with an AR and end up paying less than new (assuming you build more than one with your investment in the jig).

Now if only could could still by an upper for less than a new pistol!!!
Lots of good options! It is easy though to want a nicer barrel and heaver guide rod, and night sights. I have only been ordering threaded barrels, but have some complete Cerakoted slides with Factory steel sights installed for $375. There are ways to work that price down a little bit, personally I don't want to have Glock serialized parts on a 80% frame, it would require some explaining at some point.

Example (sights not yet installed):
EOS Rebel T62018_09_300512.JPG

check with @LuckySG he says he might be able to get glock kits at reasonable prices. He can also get the poly80 kits. Might be able to get a complete kit together.
P80 will also be offering the same thing I am doing with factory frames in making the grips a size down, so I will definitely have options for folks looking to head in different directions.

In oregon long as you are not selling them you dont need to serialize them. Might not look that great for a dealer to have one though when the ATF stop by for their visit.
I was thinking if the long lost frame that matches the slide and barrel numbers ever get in trouble it could cause some grief.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top