JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
'Glock Block' : "Vigilante neighbors in Oregon town say they are no longer calling the police and have armed themselves instead"
Read more: Welcome to the 'Glock Block': Vigilante neighbors in Oregon town say they are no longer calling the police and have armed themselves instead | Mail Online

I am not sure that word means what the Daily Mail thinks it does - vigilante

"“We’re starting a new group,” said Coy Tolonen, who lives in unincorporated Clackamas County. “We don’t feel neighborhood watch is sufficient, and we don’t feel the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office is sufficient.”" "Milwaukie"
<broken link removed>

That is the way it should be everywhere. Why do we pay billions of our dollars to live under the thumbs of those that "Protect And Serve"(while court decisions prove over and over again that they have no obligation to "Protect", nor "Serve".)? We all are so much safer when we take care of ourselves. When there is a big problem, the sheriff can deputize a posse and after it is resolved, we need not live in a forced police state. The extreme level of brainwashing is evident in anyone that thinks this behavior is dangerous. It is far more dangerous to be lulled into a vapid stupor by evil men hiding behind armed guards, while telling you that to be armed is to be a threat. To be armed is to be equal, to be alive and to be free. I am all those things.

I'm not sure how I feel about this woman, other than she comes across as a crazy cat type lady that's slightly over-reacting to the situation.

I'm all for protecting one-self, but after watching the video I got the impression she'd be ready to start blasting away at some kid running down the street with her beloved yard ordament.

To me, some trail cams or video cams set up would be more effective to deter what is probably bored kids than her armed vigilante attitude.

You cannot use a firearm to settle a property issue. It would take a jury under a second to establish a guilty verdict of this woman chasing a statue thief down the street with her Glock.

A bunch of folks putting up signs in their windows, "stating" they have guns is a non-story. It's a lot like putting up one of those "security company" stickers in your window or flowerbed. If it keeps one "crackhead" out of their neighbor, so be it. She needs to invest in some professional training to learn how to survive in a self defense situation and stop worrying about getting her statues stolen.

Gramma has a right to protect her property under ORS 161.229. If the yard ornament theft was off the porch, it may qualify as burglary under 161.219.

Alternatively she could load up a backup revolver with plastic bullets to qualify under ORS 161.229.

ORS 161.219 Limitations on use of deadly physical force in defense of a person

Notwithstanding the provisions of ORS 161.209 (Use of physical force in defense of a person), a person is not justified in using deadly physical force upon another person unless the person reasonably believes that the other person is:

(1) Committing or attempting to commit a felony involving the use or threatened imminent use of physical force against a person; or
(2) Committing or attempting to commit a burglary in a dwelling; or
(3) Using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against a person. [1971 c.743 §23]

[...]

ORS 161.229 Use of physical force in defense of property.
A person is justified in using physical force, other than deadly physical force, upon another person when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes it to be necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission by the other person of theft or criminal mischief of property."

Absolutely. It's our responsibility to take care of ourselves. As the nanny state has greatly increased people have become much more irresponsible.

That is the way it should be everywhere. Why do we pay billions of our dollars to live under the thumbs of those that "Protect And Serve"(while court decisions prove over and over again that they have no obligation to "Protect", nor "Serve".)? We all are so much safer when we take care of ourselves. When there is a big problem, the sheriff can deputize a posse and after it is resolved, we need not live in a forced police state. The extreme level of brainwashing is evident in anyone that thinks this behavior is dangerous. It is far more dangerous to be lulled into a vapid stupor by evil men hiding behind armed guards, while telling you that to be armed is to be a threat. To be armed is to be equal, to be alive and to be free. I am all those things.

The idea of a 'Glock Block' seems a bit over the top.

The first thing tho, is do you know who your neighbors are? Recognise their cars, them - would you in a different setting say at the park or a concert?

Who are the frequent visitors? - neighbors daughter's boy friend for example

I have and would call 911 - and ensure that my "play-by-play" is on the record.
If you need a reason for that -> Zimmerman.

I believe in self defense and the protection of those I am responsible for. You are on your own. Although, I'll call the government for you.

On Reddit - DGU - some one got dead at hands of the police for stealing copper (there has to be more to the story). Someone else is no more, by a private citizen who was carrying - over "shoe money"

Ric,

Those people in your example got what they deserved. My theory in life has always been that if you don't want to get shot don't be a criminal. That is no guarantee, but it sure raises the odds of you not getting shot.

The idea of a 'Glock Block' seems a bit over the top.

The first thing tho, is do you know who your neighbors are? Recognise their cars, them - would you in a different setting say at the park or a concert?

Who are the frequent visitors? - neighbors daughter's boy friend for example

I have and would call 911 - and ensure that my "play-by-play" is on the record.
If you need a reason for that -> Zimmerman.

I believe in self defense and the protection of those I am responsible for. You are on your own. Although, I'll call the government for you.

On Reddit - DGU - some one got dead at hands of the police for stealing copper (there has to be more to the story). Someone else is no more, by a private citizen who was carrying - over "shoe money"

Are you then under the impression that the 911 call is HELPING Zimmerman? The prosecutor used it to tear him up in opening statements and his lawyer made a knock-knock joke. On second thought, I'll just take care of myself and leave badged criminals out of it. I am not required to phone anyone when I have a problem.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top