JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to purchase some barrels for my Glocks that can safely fire hard cast lead ammo, and was hoping for some recommendations.
Also, some advice.
I am relatively sure that a Glock 30 barrel won't work in my G30s, as it's essentially a g30sf with a g36 slide, and need some help here.
Thanks.
OT

Aim surplus and Brownells are the only two after market brands I've tried. Both work flawlessly and have traditional rifling to be used with lead bullets.

I am relatively sure that a Glock 30 barrel won't work in my G30s, as it's essentially a g30sf with a g36 slide, and need some help here.

Years before the G30S, I made my own and can confirm that the G36 slide requires G30 barrel to go with the G30 frame. Considering this was long before the flood of custom Glock parts, the process to build a G30S was:

1. Working with GlockMeister, order KKM G30 barrel and wait for it to arrive at home.

2. Prepare package returning the KKM G30 barrel plus my complete G30 to ship to GlockMeister.

2a. Explain that I would like to buy a complete G36 upper but with KKM G30 barrel in place of stock barrel.

2b. Note that G30 frame appears to be within serial number range for factory frame upgrade "recall".

3. GlockMeister returns gun to Glock for factory frame upgrade plus slide "repair".

4. Glock returns gun to GlockMeister including original G30 upper plus G36 upper.

5. Somewhere in the process the original barrel in the G36 upper is swapped out for a KKM G30 barrel.

6. Parts shipped back to me: upgraded G30 frame, G36 upper with KKM G30 barrel, my original G30 upper.

I shoot lead out of my old stock barrel all the time no problems. Glock aftermarket barrels are a wasre of money.
There are other reasons to buy an aftermarket barrel like wanting a longer one, or one with threads ;). But I am with you on the cast lead thing, Glock spawned misinformation! :eek:

Leading is more of a symptom of poor projo fit and improper hardness. I guess if you are silly enough to run many rounds of loaded cast bullets with unknown specs through a glock without taking a peak at the bore, you too will become a believer in glocks rhetoric. Btw kahr and hk both use polygonal rifling with no scary warning on the use of cast lead boolits.

I don't know of any lead factory loads for the common auto rounds anyway but I do know most gun makers say to only use factory ammo.
It seems they are just saying the same thing twice because more perfecter.

Every so often double tap sends me an email for a crazy percentage off any of their offerings. I usually buy a couple hundred more of these with the discount :D.

Leading is more of a symptom of poor projo fit and improper hardness. I guess if you are silly enough to run many rounds of loaded cast bullets with unknown specs through a glock without taking a peak at the bore, you too will become a believer in glocks rhetoric. Btw kahr and hk both use polygonal rifling with no scary warning on the use of cast lead boolits.

I remember back in the 80's HK advised not shooting lead rounds in their P9S (which had a polygonal rifled barrel.

Probably. I'm my own factory.

So THAT explains your haircut!! ;)

Not sure about kahr, but hk probably assumes it's customers are too high fallutin' for lead ammo

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top