JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Won't feed a round a return to battery. Occasional double feed. Thought it was cheap ammo but problem continues after switching brands.

I Have modified the gun quite a bit but it was working after I did the mods so I believe it is fixable/adjustable.

I have G23 that I shoot the same mags with and no problem. They are all low round count mags. .25 cent trigger job, chopped the frame to take G23 mags and did a texture/grip job also.

I would say that is the problem. Chopping the frame to fit the G23 mags is an issue. Glocks are very finicky when it comes to mags. They have to seat properly in the frame in order to function well. I would get G22 mags and see if you have the same issues. I could inspect the parts but I would try that first.

You could also try swapping slides/frames around with a "properly functioning" G22 and see if you can isolate the problem to the slide or frame.

FWIW- I have a 1st Gen G17 that I chopped down (to a G19), hump removed and re-textured. I don't have a ton of rounds trough it, but it has never bobbled a single round before or after the mods.......

Hope you can get it figured out.

Well I still haven't found a armorer or gunsmith to take this project on. Looking for a shop that would go through the gun and fix this issue.

Update: went shooting yesterday and had a misfeed on the last round in the magazine. I Got some pics. Any advice on what would normally cause this issue?
Thanks!;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Might be time to send it back to the mothership......or
if you are a member over on glocktalk, you could start a thread there too.

Very well could be the frame, but you would need to try another g22 frame with your upper and mags to rule that out though. That's all I got. :s0092:

The gun overall has maybe 1000 rounds total. Tried different mags and ammo. Just going to have to try another G22 to narrow it down. I Don't believe it's the frame work I did. Plenty of other people have done this. The slide doesn't know how long the frame is, especially with a proper grip. Thanks

return it to factory one part at a time and when it starts working then there ya have it. i've always kept my glock stock. at most i'll do night sights and a trigger connector but only a trigger connector at the range. not while im carrying.

It was pretty new with no issues when I modified it but I don't believe it started right after I did the mod either. I Will just have to replace part by part. Thanks!

I would also lean towards the guide rod. Then try a new mag, or mag spring. Really strange,Glocks are known for reliability. My 24, is really no glock at all except the frame,and is very reliable. This is a race gun only, in limited division.

Glocks are like legos,take it apart,clean and inspect,and reassemble. Anyone can fix a Glock. If you have another glock start changing parts with it until it fails. These really are the easiest guns to play with.

Good luck, it shouldn't take long to find the problem part,and replace
Sean S.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top