JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I really like my Gen 5 G19 MOS so will likely pick up a G23 in Gen 5 flavor as soon as available, as long as the get rid of the grip cutout.

It appears that what many of us were predicting finally happened yesterday: GLOCK Gen4 guns are no longer being produced in favor of the Gen5 GLOCK pistols. Residents of California and other more restrictive states have nothing to fear: the Gen3 GLOCKs will continue to be manufactured to support those customers. In addition, the GLOCK Gen4 models chambered in .40S&W will begin a transition to Gen5 production later this year. A brief statement from GLOCK as well as the Gen5 differentiations can be found below.

"In an effort to intelligently preserve and grow the GLOCK brand and deliver uncompromised quality and maximum customer satisfaction, we are focused on our mission of future-oriented manufacturing technologies. This includes extending the latest Gen5 technology enhancements to the .40 caliber line of pistols. Availability will begin in October; however, the focus will be on supporting existing .40 caliber agencies on transitioning to the latest technologies within the law enforcement market. While we will continue to support fielded Gen4 pistols and agencies with Gen4 models, we have stopped 9×19 and .40 caliber Gen4 productions for the US commercial market. We look forward to bringing the performance improvements of the Gen5 technologies to other areas of product development. "

On another site, I read that the new Gen 5 .40 S&W will be 2mm thicker, which means none of my G19 holsters will work, so thought it would be prudent to pick up a Gen 4 G23.

Nope. The few that I found on Gunbroker were $150 to $400 higher than my Blue Label price. Called up my Blue Label dealer and he said there are none in the entire system.

I guess .40 S&W is not dead after all... :s0153:

Well all I can say is I'm super happy(see screen name) picked up a gen 5 g17 mos and Im currently driving to Las Vegas to have a quick wedding. Super stoked and can't wait

Well all I can say is I'm super happy(see screen name) picked up a gen 5 g17 mos and Im currently driving to Las Vegas to have a quick marriage. Super stoked and can't wait

A quick marriage? Hmmm, I hope you meant a quick wedding. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads