JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Boy, musta touched a nerve here.

No you just sound like the village idiot that bought a gun he couldn't figure out and are blaming the gun not the idiot.

You could just go turn it in at the next buy back if it sucks so bad.

Or sell it to someone with a few more IQ points?
(OK go ahead and tell us how brilliant you are and how high your IQ is)

No you just sound like the village idiot that bought a gun he couldn't figure out and are blaming the gun not the idiot.

You could just go turn it in at the next buy back if it sucks so bad.

Or sell it to someone with a few more IQ points?
(OK go ahead and tell us how brilliant you are and how high your IQ is)
Figure out the gun? In post #1 I wondered "Where might one get one of those plastic guide rods that might be stocked in-house close to Portland proper?".. what are you talking about?
It sure seems you're the idiot here.. at least you figured out how to spell "IQ".. good job! lolz

If your guide rod broke, as stated, Glock will send you a replacement. Its not that complicated......
Yes, I understand.. again from post one, I was wondering where, in the Portland area I might lay hands upon one, just so you know.

Sorry SD...its been a long week. Any Glock dealer can hook you up. I suggest Keith's myself.

Yea, I hear you guys and do appreciate the whatall. I know it was a mini vent on my part, hammering the/their "perfection" posit and all. I know all things made by man will and does fail. Period. Just a little play on words. I've sourced a new standard captured rod for $20 (in-house/pick up) even and'll probably go that route of "necessity"/ease.
Perhaps for sentimental reasons I really wouldn't mind an actual replacement rod that would take the place and last longer than the original plastic artifact, though those, I think, are no longer deemed "perfect" by the original manufacturer and are no longer made/offered by them.. even with improved materials. So I'll either go down to the/a shop, as mentioned, or order an actual/better rod.
The gun is not mine per se at this point in time but probably essentially is. no big deal. a simple gripe and I'm good at that, I'll have you know. goldang thing! grr
lol

I don't understand, if the glock is as perfect a pistol as was ever made, why are there aftermarket parts? It boggles the mind!!!

Because no matter how perfect something is, there will always be people who want to take it apart and fiddle with it and try to make it "better".

I carry a G26 and I havent done a thing to it except clean it. It goes bang every time I pull the trigger, it hits what I aim at, and it works exactly the way it was designed to. At some point, my life or the life of a loved one may very well depend upon it functioning properly so I really have no desire to fix something that isnt broken.

Because no matter how perfect something is, there will always be people who want to take it apart and fiddle with it and try to make it "better".

I carry a G26 and I havent done a thing to it except clean it. It goes bang every time I pull the trigger, it hits what I aim at, and it works exactly the way it was designed to. At some point, my life or the life of a loved one may very well depend upon it functioning properly so I really have no desire to fix something that isnt broken.
Dayum, you're like a crack smoking Mark Twain!. without the price of tea in China thrown in.
heavens to betsy

Yea, I hear you guys and do appreciate the whatall. I know it was a mini vent on my part, hammering the/their "perfection" posit and all. I know all things made by man will and does fail. Period. Just a little play on words. I've sourced a new standard captured rod for $20 (in-house/pick up) even and'll probably go that route of "necessity"/ease.
Perhaps for sentimental reasons I really wouldn't mind an actual replacement rod that would take the place and last longer than the original plastic artifact, though those, I think, are no longer deemed "perfect" by the original manufacturer and are no longer made/offered by them.. even with improved materials. So I'll either go down to the/a shop, as mentioned, or order an actual/better rod.
The gun is not mine per se at this point in time but probably essentially is. no big deal. a simple gripe and I'm good at that, I'll have you know. goldang thing! grr
lol

Just as a side note, I have a G17 that has somewhere in the range of 20K rounds through it.....and its still all original. Though I'm not a huge Glock fanboy, I do think they are pretty perfect in the AK47 sense.

wow and I thought a Ruger P series or a Browning Hi Power clone were simple...... :p I love my dad's P85...he dislikes his SW40VE's lack of manual safety... lol; had a chance to get a Hungarian P9R (FEG Browning Hi Power clone) but needed the money for a Russian SKS...

EDIT: OO yeah; there's a reason Gen 4 is considered "Gen Suck" by many people, and a reason the Gen 3 and 2 Glocks regularly get more money than the Gen 4...... (they're in more demand than the Gen 4 and there's not as many people selling Gen 3s as there are selling Gen 4s)

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top