JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Simply not interested in a Glock .22 LR, nothing wrong with them, just not interested.

If, they'd made em with 25 round magazines, I might've been, but 10 +1, the size of a G19, meh...

Thats my thoughts, I appreciate Glock (as a tool) far more than I go on about, but I also am the first to acknowledge that a nice .22 semi auto is a Ruger Mark series (generally any variant will do). The only downside is the 10 round capacity. It's more fun to not have to load so often.

Where Glock could have hit a home run if they were dedicated to do .22 lr is to make a G17 slide chambered in .22 lr with a magazine capacity similar to that of Keltec's new offering. Make it fit the same frame as a G17/22. (Yes I know another company makes something similar to this, but had Glock done it, it would have garnered more interest. Those would have sold like hot cakes.

I would rather have the Walther p22q. Sweet trigger, $245, threaded barrel, extra set of tall sights for suppressor use, extra grip extensions, lower 1913 rail, easily converted to 15 round mags for $12.50 each, can buy 5" target barrels if desired, very reliable even with subsonics. 978BCA7D-4BC9-46AA-84F8-35D72628F3B7.jpeg

I think it's an interesting choice. I also think maybe the Taurus Tx22 being so well reviewed was a catalyst to enter the semi-auto .22 market. But mainly, I think 2 things:
1. If I want a semi auto .22 pistol, I'm going Buckmark or Ruger.
2. I do need to get my hands on a G21 before I buy another 1911. (Gotta have one to carry while I work on the other)

Well, over here on mainland UK there is a small measure of hope that Glock will produce a version that is UK-mainland compliant. That is to say, with a 12" barrel [usually cunningly disguised as a sound moderator] and sticky-out thing on the butt to make it long enough to satisfy the snowflake handgun laws hereabouts.

However, those lucky guys and gal over in Northern Ireland can have the real thing - just like you can [except in those states where you can't, right?]

Since I am not a Glock fan it's of course not doing anything for me but, there is no getting around the huge market share Glock has. I suspect this will sell well to people who have other calibers. Many will want one to train, practice and of course just plain cheap fun. Hell why not.

The family ig took me to the movies a short while back, and it seems to be the time of year that many folks change their avatar to reflect the festivating season. As we only have a few photos in our album that do this, I though perhaps I might get away with changing our avatar to one that is mostly red. In case you're wondering what this has to do with Glocks, well, this shows me without a Glock, and that's about as gun-related as it can be...

So today glock hyped up the release of something legendary... It's a 22lr in compact size (I am guessing the g19 footprint). Thoughts?

OP,

I know a few people that are interested in the new Glock. My husband, one lady and and several other men.

I answered on that long thread where most people put the new Glock down for their various reasons.

I figure if you don't like ANY gun for any reason or any caliber for any reason - don't buy one. It is not complicated! LOL

I replied on that thread and recently put up a LINK (Review from Austria.) about the new Glock. It is on one of the last few pages of that long thread.

I NEVER saw ONE AD or 'all of the ads' that people spoke about in that LONG thread and I only knew about it from here. (I had not read the couple of GLOCK forums or the GLOCK website for some time.)

I NEVER heard about the new Glock and, in fact, the managers and other sales people at SW, Cabelas, Bob Wards and another gun lover in this town NEVER heard about this NEW Glock and the so called hype. I was the one who asked about the pistol and EXPLAINED to them that it was even going to be released. They know about it now! LOL A store in Ronan, MT (NOT the famous one that closed. Ronan Sports and Western.) but the one that sells seeds and tons more did not even know about it and the old guy looked it up. I explained the new Glock to him too.

I realize that it is not like some of the more expensive handguns that my MT husband and I used to own and compete with when BOTH of our hands were better but he is interested in this pistol. He carries a Glock 45acp on a daily basis. He carries a Beretta small pocket pistol (22lr) when he exercises.

BOTH of us always liked the GLOCK brand!

I no longer shoot handguns but my first gun was a Glock 9mm. I had eclectic tastes in handguns too. Good, quality brands in various styles and in various calibers. My MT husband was the same way and some of his custom and expensive handguns were very SWEET guns especially when he used to compete.

I realize that many people do NOT like the Glock brand too. To each their own.

I believe that this new Glock will interest many people. I hope that Glock sells a lot of them too!

Cate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads