JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Glock 44 is not exactly dead to me, I still kind of want one. Mostly because I like Rimfire s, and I like Glocks.

Ive seen these around, curious if anyone on here has any?

Anyone try these? Good, bad, horrible?

1627242238323.jpeg

Promag. Guaranteed to be the worst magazine you could put into any weapon.
Lol, very true, it's just they actually put the G44 in a position to compete with other options. I'm curious if anyone here has good experience. Online, is mixed.

I RO'd the GSSF match in Albany over the weekend, and saw a lot of competitors shooting G44's. They ran very reliably, with good quality ammo. I saw only one malfunction (misfire) and it was attributed to old ammo.

That said, I will never put a Promag in any of my firearms unless I want to practice malfunction drills. I'll wait for Magpul to develop a 15+ round Pmag for the G44.

Companies have the right to put out good, reliable products on occasion. Why not just buy one and find out? What is the downside? It may be awesome. But a bunch of folks repeating, "ProMag sucks" isn't really helpful.

Glock 44, something rimfire, ProMag ... wow, that's a lot of "no thank you" for some of us. :p

Joking aside; if they run, that is a lot of plinking fun for those so interested in the venerable .22. ProMag gets poo-poo'd a lot, but in my experience they range from absolutely flawless (run just fine in Mac-10 presently and Mini-14 in the past), to passable (wife has a few 20-rounders for her Walther she plinks with at times), to garbage so bad you might as well have flushed the bucks down the toilet to begin with (too many to list). If it were me I'd try one or two. But I'm a gambler. Good luck @Reno. :s0155:

I've never had experience with that specific magazine, but I've had enough experience with ProMag to know I'll never have experience with that specific magazine. As far as I'm concerned that company SUCKS. I'd rather though my money down a manhole (f' you Berkeley) and save myself the aggravation.

My G44 runs like a champ using Mini Mag 40gr Target or hotter and oem magazines. Last year, I stuck a RomeoZero on it using a dovetail plate and ShoeGoo. It looks like my G19 mos with optic and the setup got me through the expensive ammo months. There isn't any damage to the slide (yet) and I'd say with 900+ rounds so far, it runs well even with a couple extra ounces on the slide.

As to your question, I tried a friend's ProMag 18rd on my setup and had a couple fail to eject / completely cycle with it. If I recall, I loaded it to 15rds and didn't take the time to diagnose why it was failing. However, it seemed to run fine on his stock G44.

Reviews on gunmagwarehouse (100+) are all over the place so I'd imagine comments here will be similar.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top