JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys. I just picked up my first Glock (43x) and so far i really like it. I love the size and the weight and how it feels however i am having a small issue. I'm a right hand shooter and when i grip the gun my right thumb is very close to the slide stop and on the last round i end up holding the slide stop so the slide doesn't lock back after the last round. The only way I've been able to avoid this is to keep my thumb pointed up so i can see my thumb nail when i look at the sights. Before i go and re-train myself and adjust my grip I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue or if there's a modification i can do to change the slide lock.

Very common with right handed Glock shooters. Keep both your thumbs pointed towards your target and "float" them just off the frame. I know this will take a little getting used to, but it's worth it. A good "combat" grip is priceless. :)

Hey guys. I just picked up my first Glock (43x) and so far i really like it. I love the size and the weight and how it feels however i am having a small issue. I'm a right hand shooter and when i grip the gun my right thumb is very close to the slide stop and on the last round i end up holding the slide stop so the slide doesn't lock back after the last round. The only way I've been able to avoid this is to keep my thumb pointed up so i can see my thumb nail when i look at the sights. Before i go and re-train myself and adjust my grip I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue or if there's a modification i can do to change the slide lock.

Keep an eye out for kagworks to come out with this for the 43.

Kagwerks Extended & Raised Slide Release for Glock

I don't have much of an answer other than to not worry about it. It won't matter much in a self defense situation, and you probaly won't use the 43x for competition.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top