JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would love to get a Glock 43 (a single-stack 9mm along the same lines as the current G42 in .380)! However, I'm not about to drop my XDs9 for a (possible)(maybe)(future) Glock 43.

If the G43 uses about the same size frame--it has to be at least a little bit larger for the longer 9mm case--it would probably only have 6 rounds. When I'm already limiting myself with a smaller gun, I really want at least 7 rounds. The Shield9, the XDs9, and the CW9/P9 all have 7 rounds with extended mags available or even included. 6 round mags in a Glock 43 would be disappointing.

Any thoughts around here about any SHOT Show 2015 rumors? It seems to me that last year, by Nov or Dec 2013, we had confirmed news of 2 new SKU's for the new G41 and G42. Exact descriptions of those pitols weren't released until the week of SHOT 2014, but we all knew that 2 new pistols were getting launched. No news this year about a G43 suggests there isn"t goin to be one.

Probably won't be 43. They're bound to have made several prototypes. I'm guessing 46. No peeps from glock, but it's a single stack nine or a carbine. Not much else they can do.

Glock doesn't skip numbers just because they might make prototypes, Norm. The next pistol they introduce will be a 43, no matter what it is, and no matter how many versions they've made during development. They skipped a G40, probably because of the stupidness of people saying they have a Glock 40, of course intending to say a Glock 22 in 40S&W. But they're not going to skip the number 43.

I just suggest that when the 43 finally comes out, it is probably going to be a G42-ish-sized single-stack 9mm. What I :mad:MUST:confused:KNOW:eek: is when this pistol is going to finally be introduced!

I stand corrected. I know they are really arbitrary numbers and only the next patent they file. Always forget about the 45 GAP in the upper 30s. They'd be stupid not to release a single stack nine that is basically a slightly larger 42. Could be a 9mm AR carbine though.

No no - it will be a Glock 44 so that the next Dirty Harry movie will have CLint Eastwood saying "This is a Glock 44, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk? :D

Seriously, I pretty much ignore rumors of what is coming out and what isn't, until the manufacturer actually says what it will be and when it will be out.

While I like Glocks, they are all pretty much the same to me, the only differences being size and caliber, so I pretty much bored with them.

This is Glock's new gun!

glock_1911-tfb.jpg

I think it's going to be a microfusion cell powered 6 shot plasma weapon...:rolleyes:

Really - Glock lovers have been begging Glock to make a single stack 9mm since the first AWB - 20+ years ago, and Glock, Inc keeps hoisting their middle fingers and telling us "there's no market" - despite the obvious market filled by Kahr, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Taurus, Sig, Springfield... They waited for years to jump into the single stack pocket .380 market. Then they released a gun that was bigger than most of the single stack .380's on the market. Maybe in another 10 years, when every other gun maker except HK has a line of single stack guns - and if we're still able to own anything other than a butter knife in the good ol' usa - we will get a Glock single stack 9mm. It'll have the same slide as a G17, with a semi-staggered stack magazine (because they can't make a true single stack for some reason) and be limited to 5 rounds, 6 with a Pearce +1 basepad.

If I sound pessimistic - it's cuz I am. Maybe it's going to take Gaston and his family loosing control of the company for them to seriously listen to their customers, or try something new. It's like Sturm, Ruger & Co. after Bill Ruger died, or Smith & Wesson after we (as in Americans) bought it back from the Brits - new leadership, new ideas. Now both Ruger and Smith offer good quality AR pattern rifles, even some piston AR's, they offer handguns that the buying public WANT (ala the M&P pistols, the LCR, LC9, LCP...) - Glock is and has been resting on their reputation and fanboy-base. "They sell every gun they make" is the common excuse by fan boys for the lack of innovation and building guns users want. Well - EVERY gun maker sells just about every gun they make - they sell them to wholesalers, who sell them to retailers. So yeah, Glock sells every gun it makes. So do all the others. So does Taurus, for god sake.

Instead of the single stack 9mm glock lovers ask for - we got the Glock 42. Meh. This year we get the Glock 40 and 41 - oooh, long slide 10mm and .45 pistols cut for red dot sights. The 10mm fans probably jizzed over the longslide 10, which is cool. Who has been clamoring for a long slide .45 with a red dot though? I get the modified versions of the 34 and 35 with the competition red dot slide cuts - lots of guys shooting in competitions are running guns like that.

Glock carbine - not going to happen in any of our lifetimes. Closest we'll get are the mech techs, Kel Tecs, and the handful of AR's meant to run on Glock mags. I'd love something like a Beretta CX4 that uses Glock 17 mags (and of course 33 rounders) but I won't hold my breath.

While the old man and his son's run the show, they will continue as business as usual.

But the Glock 36 was almost the same width as a 9mm double stack. Though it was, technically, a single stack, it was really a severely limited double stack...at least dimensionally. The G42 is a much different beast. Hopefully the (future) G43 will be closer to the 42 than the 36!!

The 36 is ugh, just a poorly designed glock IMO. The 42 on the other hand is a great firearm. If they would have made the 42 like 15 to 20% larger, chambered in 9mm, they would sell the bubblegum out of it.

They're selling the bubblegum out of the 42! There are limited holsters, sights, and parts for the G42 and if you are really paying attention to the secondary market, everything G42 is backordered right now. The G42 is an unmitigated commercial success story. Perhaps they didn't want to mess up a good thing right now.

I believe the 42 is the first Glock that is made in America and would not have been legal to import from Austria. The single stack 9mm is in the same category. Their factory in Georgia is not yet capable of producing large quantities of multiple firearms. I don't believe it's their intention to ignore people and when their Georgia factory gets up to speed you will see more guns from them.

And I was just at Cabelas in Tualatin last weekend and one of the guys working at the pistol counter said they had showed a single stack Glock 9mm and it had some issues so they retracted it. It's only a matter of time.

Glock doesn't skip numbers just because they might make prototypes, Norm. The next pistol they introduce will be a 43, no matter what it is, and no matter how many versions they've made during development. They skipped a G40, probably because of the stupidness of people saying they have a Glock 40, of course intending to say a Glock 22 in 40S&W. But they're not going to skip the number 43.

I just suggest that when the 43 finally comes out, it is probably going to be a G42-ish-sized single-stack 9mm. What I :mad:MUST:confused:KNOW:eek: is when this pistol is going to finally be introduced!
Well them big stupids just got their gun!

They didn't skip the G40. It is a 10mm.
You don't know your history, rsilvers. At SHOT Show 2014, with a product line that ranged from 17 (9mm full-size) to 39 (compact 45GAP), Glock introduced the 41 (45acp long slide) and the 42 (subcompact 380acp). They skipped the model 40. At SHOT Show 2015, Glock went backwards in their numbering to introduce the 40 (long-slide 10mm). They probably had that in mind all along. Kind of like 20/21 were a pair in the same way that the 40/41 are now a pair.

No need to say, "I guess you were right, CHLChris." Now you know... Anyway, I wrote that post a week before news leaked about the new G40.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top