JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just in from my first trip to the range with my G42. I love the little gun! I was able to make hits inside a 3inch circle at 50ft with it and it ate all the ammo I fed it. Ran some Magtech FMJ, Remington HP, and Hornaday Critical Defense through it with zero issues. It is a lot easier to shoot than my LCR but still easy to hide on the body. I think it is going to make a fine carry gun this Summer.
Well I like the gun and the wife says it is hers, and it is easier to carry than a LCR or a J frame (has a extra round too) but a LCP carries as much and is easier yet to hide. In the end my wife says she'll take the 42

Oops I said LCR but I meant it is easier to shoot than my LCP. The slightly larger size of the 42 hits a sweet spot between the compact 9mms and the tiny pocket guns. For me it is just large enough to make real hits with it.mi won't be abandoning my LCP anytime soon, but the G42 certainly has earned a spot in the carry rotation! For a long time I have wanted a smaller caliber but not 22 for range and carry. They are just fun to shoot! If Colt were to bring back the 1903 and 1908 in 32 and 380 they'd probably find themselves digging out of bankruptcy in short order.

Haven't even handled one, but from everything I've read, I think it will be a perfect fit for my small-sized hands - and more importantly, my wife's hands. The soft recoil is also a big positive. And it's (relatively) cheap! I'm already comfortable with the way Glocks operate AND I'm OK with 380 ballistics AND I already load 380, so I practically HAVE to get one.

Love mine! I'll add a G43 some day, but the G42 is here to stay! Mine has Trijicon HD night sights which rounds out the ultimate carry package, IMO. I have Kel-Tec P3aT as well, but it hasn't left the house since I got my G42.

Edited to add, those are the .380's I have. I also have several other Glocks, Sigs, Rugers, S&W's, but the G42 is the one I grab the most.

Last Edited: